Thermaltake V6 BlacX w/ built-in HDD dock - $49.99 after MIR and promo

Rajahal

Thanks for all the pics!

I'm just planning on building slowly but want room to expand. A while back, I was just going to get a cheapo case but people like you recommended that I "invest" in a nicer case like the CM590. I will probably be running my hard drives internally until I run out of bays... do I have to buy 3.5 to 5.25 adapters for all my hard drives or does the case come with them?

Thanks again!

The case comes with one 3.5 to 5.25 bay single adapter.  Then it also comes with a three drive cage that sits in three slots.  So it comes with a 1n1 and 3n3 internal adapter.

I also want to add that the screwless PCI tabs aren't the best.  The cards can still move too much for my tastes, so I used screws instead of the screwless.

I should have my build done on Monday (I'm waiting for some SATA to Molex adapters to get it all powered up).  I'll post some pictures when I'm done and its cleaned up, but I'll have 12 hot swap bays with an internally mounted cache drive.  I could have had 13 bays, but I reused some backplanes I already had vs buying a new 5n3.  I figure that by the time I get to the point I need that extra bay, I'll be ready to expand to 20 drives anyway.  I also only have 4 Sata on MB, a 8 SATA Supermicro and a 2 SATA PCI card.  So 12 data/parity drives on the MB and Supermicro.  Cache and dock on the PCI card.

Well, I'm still waiting for my SATA to Molex adapters.  I'm starting to doubt the claims of the retailer that all orders before 3 pm EST ship that day.

• 4 weeks later...

Still kicking myself for buying from Amazon and not Newegg--I have Prime and figured the rebate would apply to Amazon, too, but when I printed it out, I saw Newegg only.  So I'm eating $10.

But taking the case apart now, going to pick up a C-clamp, and at least get some of the internals installed until my SATA cables arrive Friday.