Trying to setup a Reverse Proxy Nextcloud

My goal is to setup a Nextcloud for my unraid server. I decided to go with this guide as it seemed relatively current (not that an old one wouldnt be).

I'm getting stuck at the portion that requires me to check the logs on the letsencrypt portion. My logs are showing that im getting the cert/validation error the guide warns about.

I'm assuming my problem is something with the port forwarding however my networking knowledge is pretty limited. My router firmware is up to date and my unraid firmware is currently 6.8.2.

I apologize for my ignorance, but im not really sure where else to start for troubleshooting.

image.thumb.png.f093393d2562135e101a1f65146cddae.png1174642158_Screenshot_2020-07-25Logforletsencrypt.thumb.png.c750ef222f4b30b3a8ccdb12ce1a3e55.png1367518660_Screenshot_2020-07-25NETGEARRouterR7000.thumb.png.5b308f5acc7a72f32dd8200c568dcda0.png

5 hours ago, SavellM said:

Watch this vid:

Also paste your LetsEncrypt docker settings. 

Not sure how it works on Netgear routers, personally

I am aware of the SI videos and im pretty sure up to the point im stuck at is mostly the same info. I guess I havent tried to purchase my own domain to try that option yet. However I have a feeling that is not going to make a difference. Ive completely reset my router settings and am now considering doing a fresh reset of unraid. My network is pretty straight forward, I dont really utilize any intensive network settings outside of statically setting my unraid server ip. I also updated to the latest version of unraid. I tried restarting from the beginning and reinstalling all the dockers.

608593424_Screenshot_2020-07-26TowerUpdateContainer.thumb.png.c52f2034ba7bbf44f2eafcaa0672ca7c.png

4 hours ago, iamtwan said:

608593424_Screenshot_2020-07-26TowerUpdateContainer.thumb.png.c52f2034ba7bbf44f2eafcaa0672ca7c.png

In your settings, you're trying to get an ssl cert for duckdns.org instead of your own custom dns name. You need to use the custom domain name you have on duckdns.org <eg: minecraft.duckdns.org>. By using a dynamic dns provider, I'm not sure if you can use subdomains at that point, I personally haven't used a dynamic dns provider and just go with a cheap .com instead.

Nevermind, misread.

Edited by GroxyPod
ID 10 T Error

Is the network IP to your Unraid server 192.168.15.3 or is it 192.168.1.201?  You opened the ports on the router to the .1.201 but the logs are showing the server address as the .15.3.  I'd just suggest to make sure you are using the correct IP address for the port forwarding.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for hijacking this old thread, but I'm also getting the same issue.

My Unraid server is 192.168.1.8, the port forwarding is as follows:

HTTP: 180 > 80

HTTPS: 1443 > 443

I've sense checked everything multiple times but I can't find anything wrong with the below which makes me think it's something else but I'm falling short on what it could be.

image.png.1fbec23ded75f9b55d59b51681fffe08.png

image.png.9b5b039775a54c009e6a1c4c81e6f572.png

image.png.3f6545895a9270a226439d01054ab8d9.png

image.thumb.png.3b05eabf3df96dff575c246c4ba634ad.png

1503205790_Screenshotat2020-09-17at11_06_09.thumb.png.3c531be86476a10add223bbb35eb0833.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hi has there been any update on this?

I've tried the following

I was hoping to setup my own personal nextCloud server. I've followed SpaceInvaderOne part 1 guide (nextcloud locally) and everything works as expected I can login nextcloud create users, upload and etc.

The next step is accessing from the internet, this is where the issue comes.

1. I have checked port 80 is not blocked by ISP, when I do add it in my router's port forwarding config I can access the port. Using online port checker I have a (linksys ea6400) I can't forward port 80 to 180 with Linksys OEM Firmware
2. I bought a TP-Link Archer C7 v5 and flashed dd-wrt on it. I found the port forwarding and tried the same thing 80-180 but port 80 is still closed.
3. On step 2, I also tried using the ip tables found herehttps://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding

Is there something I'm missing on the docker? Or is this a router setting?

To those getting hung on this: The port forwarding business is pretty tricky. I have a working Nextcloud server and it was very difficult to get the port forwarding to work for it. I am trying to do the same with unRaid but have been unsuccessful. Checking the swag (letsencrypt) log tells me that it has failed. I will try and troubleshoot this and report here if I find a solution/s. But the routers (DD-WRT and Open-WRT included) are the most troublesome part of this entire process, since every router is different and you may think you have forwarded the port but you probably haven't. Can you access your application with your external IP address? Shouldn't that work if your Ports are forwarded properly?

Found this website to see if the ports are open:

https://www.portcheckers.com/

I would start with this. No point struggling with other settings till you get the port settings right on the router.

Edited by Saurabh Sharma

yeah I decieded to go to the DD-WRT route as I thought it would be the simplest way but it doesn't look like it.

I didn't attempt to try the access the application externally until the swag logs are fixed. Yup so that is a similar tool that I used to check if the port is open or not. I can open port 80 just fine (after adding it the port forwarding configuration)

If I do try to set the port forward to 80-180 (external 80 to internal 180) it says that port 80 is closed.

Thank you

47 minutes ago, Jad Dizon said:

yeah I decieded to go to the DD-WRT route as I thought it would be the simplest way but it doesn't look like it.

I didn't attempt to try the access the application externally until the swag logs are fixed. Yup so that is a similar tool that I used to check if the port is open or not. I can open port 80 just fine (after adding it the port forwarding configuration)

If I do try to set the port forward to 80-180 (external 80 to internal 180) it says that port 80 is closed.

Thank you

are you 100% that port 80 is not blocked by the ISP

Edited by ijuarez
need more info
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...