FileBot screwed my array

I attempted to name my flat movie adding the bracket around the year and placing the movie in a folder.  I chose the expression that placed the flat file in a folder and hit rename.  The app ask me to purchased a LIC.  My surprise it was a lot less then the OSX or WINDOWS, so I purchased a key and tried to apply the key file version but the app simply flash and a box never appeared.  In the Filebot windows left/right I watched the files move but just thought is was some kind of refresh because I never added the key.

Once I coudn't add the key I shut Filebot down.  I wanted to check to make sure no data had been moved.  I now had a nameless share.  The green icons in front of my Media, TV and Music shares were now orange triangles.  I used Terminal to check each share and they were blank.  I tried to stop the array but it frooze on attempting to unmount and it would never stop.

I read to remove the cache and 1 drive which I did and with some fidgeting, I was able to add everything back.  My array is re-building itself.  It doesn't look like I lost any data.  None of the share have data.  Once the array re-builds, I will try to remove the old shares and create new shares.

Am I correct is assuming I can rebuild the shares and access my data once the array rebuilds?  I also received this message when running FixProblems: Share " " contains only spaces which is illegal Windows systems. 

firefly-diagnostics-20200726-1827.zip firefly-syslog-20200726-2227.zip

Edited by Mystic
clarify

You didn't need to rebuild, stop, or unmount the array, it sounds like all that happened was you used the wrong naming convention and created an 'invalid' folder which showed up as a share, which any folder would do when it's created in the right location.

So it sounds like you were trying to rename a movie from (making up names here)

/mnt/user/Media Movies/Terminator.avi

to

/mnt/user/Media Movies/Terminator (2000)/Terminator (2000).avi

Something like that right?  In FileBot the naming would be /mnt/user/Media Movies/{ny}/{ny}

or however you wanted it named...

I was changing names by adding brackets to the movie year ( ) but wanted the movie to remain in the same folder/directory.  I didn't create any additional folders or directories....  on purpose.  

This was my goal:

/mnt/user/Media Movies/Terminator 1984.avi

to

/mnt/user/Media Movies/Terminator (1984).avi/Terminator (1984)

It was at the point of hitting the rename button, purchasing the key, Filebot wouldn't open the LIC page via the provided link and things went crazy.  When I closed filebot down,  my shars were emplty and my array wouldn't stop, it remained unmounting for over 20 minutes which is when I found a thread about reseting the array by removing 1 drive and cache and it worked.  Array has rebuilt, all data is back, but my dashboard will not populate with data because of the blank share.

@Energen Thanks for the expression:  /mnt/user/Media Movies/{ny}/{ny} - I will try it once I get a handle on destination directory in Filebot.

I just need to know how to remove a the share " "  which has a blank or null name not sure which.  New to Bash and do not want to use Krusader.....  not yet anyway.  I want to learn terminal.

Edited by Mystic

That's odd.. not sure what the problem could have been in that case.

So for FileBot you will have /storage mounted in the docker configuration to /mnt/user/Media Movies  --- or to just /mnt/user so that all shares below it are accessible -- tv shows, etc .. if you use different shares for each type of media.  Mine is mounted to /mnt/user/Media because everything is contained within subfolders in the Media share.  Then I can access /Media/Movies, /Media/Television, etc...

So in my case, and you can adjust for yours, my Filebot destination directory would be /storage/Media/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})

For the empty directory, or blank name, it should show up in the Shares tab if it was created within /mnt/ and you should be able to delete it that way.  If not then you'll just have to figure out it's "name" to remove it.

If it's a " " (space) name then you can do rm -r \ / (there's a space in between \ and /)

Yea..  my OCD 🤪 makes me separate everything.  3 top level shares: Movie, TV, Music and sub categories i.e. Disney, westerns etc etc.  Thanks for the response, I'm sure once I get rid of the blank share things like my dashboard will populate with data again.

Big key is learning terminal and removing the share.  I ran 'ls -l' and  \n/ was on the list but I didn't know how to rm it.  I found it in krusader by creating a path to Media but didn't want to take the easy way out.  On my way home now to rm and see what happens.

I still have over 2500 movies in flat file format and I am a little gun shy now.  I will play with Filebot on a makeshit dev environment and once I know what I am doing, I will update my main array.  

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Mystic