Restart instead of Shutown

Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you for creating such an amazing product. Have been using it for years and still get amazed at how good it is!

My issue is that most times when I shutdown the server (say to put in a new drive etc), it just keeps restarting itself. Occasionally it DOES shut down properly, and will keep doing so for a little while... but then boom, it just starts restarting on shutdown. 

Another thing i noticed is that I absolutely HAVE to shut down docker manually, and then stop the array manually, otherwise it won't even reboot, it will just stay on 
"Array Stopping - Retry Unmounting Disk Share(s)".. but i think that's another unrelated issue. 

I have checked the BIOS and it doesn't have anything there to power on automatically. I'm not even sure where to start... debugging.

8 hours ago, nikizm said:

My issue is that most times when I shutdown the server (say to put in a new drive etc), it just keeps restarting itself. Occasionally it DOES shut down properly, and will keep doing so for a little while... but then boom, it just starts restarting on shutdown. 

That's typically a power / motherboard / PCIe card issue. It may not be solvable without major part replacement, so my advice is generally just to live with it until you are ready for a major upgrade.

Thanks guys, I am suspecting it MAY be hardware as well, just hoping there is a way to debug as it's very frustrating that I can never shut down properly. It either hangs on shutdown these days (forcing me to hold the power button) or restarts. This is despite manually stopping docker and array prior to shutdown.

Motherboard - Asus B85 Vanguard

Cpu - i7 4770s

Ram - 16gb

Generic USB card (for Mac VM's)

Sata card (for passing through the CD-ROM to VM's)

LSI 9207i controller

I would just install a power strip between the UPS/power_source and the server.  After the server is shutdown, turn the switch off on the strip while the BIOS is doing its thing or during the display of Unraid's boot menu.  (You can change the time (timeout variable) that the boot menu is displayed by editing the syslinux.cfg file in the syslinux folder on the flash drive.)