[solved] Error: Out Of Memory errors detected on your server


Recommended Posts

Fix Common Problems recommended I post my log to the forums.

 

I've had this server running for about a year now, never got over 50% memory usage. Occasionally CPU usage got up towards 100% but only ever in spikes.

 

Today I've had an alert twice to say my qbittorrent is down.. once when I woke up. I couldn't access the docker image (didn't think to check any others) and after unraid took too long to load the docker page to restart the docker I just hit restart on the server. Now tonight I've noticed qbittorrent webui wasn't loadable - had a look inside unraid to see CPU and RAM usage at 100%.

 

I fixed this by stopping all of my docker containers and starting them one by one, leaving the uneccessary ones not running. Seems to be running normally again. Any ideas what caused this?

 

I'm running unraid Version: 6.8.3

 

 

tower-diagnostics-20200729-1847.zip

Edited by tuna83
Link to comment
2 hours ago, tuna83 said:

Fix Common Problems recommended I post my log to the forums.

I've had this server running for about a year now, never got over 50% memory usage. Occasionally CPU usage got up towards 100% but only ever in spikes.

A "dotnet" process was killed due to OOM which I think is used by qbittorrent.

Could be memory leak or could just be naturally out of memory error as you only have 8GB of RAM.

 

You can try restricting memory usage of some dockers (edit the docker, Advanced View and use --memory=# parameter in Extra Parameters box e.g. --memory=1G to limit memory usage to 1G) and see if it improves things.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, testdasi said:

A "dotnet" process was killed due to OOM which I think is used by qbittorrent.

Could be memory leak or could just be naturally out of memory error as you only have 8GB of RAM.

 

You can try restricting memory usage of some dockers (edit the docker, Advanced View and use --memory=# parameter in Extra Parameters box e.g. --memory=1G to limit memory usage to 1G) and see if it improves things.

Thanks for the reply. I've limited the memory usage to 3g just to stop it if there's a memory leak. It felt somewhat like a memory leak. It seems odd that I would go from 50% average utilisation to 100% with no significant changes from one day to the next.

 

I guess if it stops happening after this then I'll look at swapping to rutorrent or something. Cheers for the help.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.