[Solved]Upgraded hardware, now Unraid freezes

I upgraded my dual xeon board to a threadripper (3990x). I had to add a HBA controller and messed up and got a Marvell that has the virtualization issue. I can boot up normally but as soon as I hit the web app, the whole system freezes. I cannot even log in locally. I booted into safe mode, and got the diagnostics. virtualization is disabled until I get a new card (i need my VMs that are on the drives that are connected to that controller)

tower-diagnostics-20200729-0904.zip

Edited by TheSkaz
44 minutes ago, TheSkaz said:

follow up question, is there a way to completely wipe everything and start over with just my product key? 

Before doing this you may want to take a screenshot of your disk assignment (or look for a DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt file in /config the flash drive and copy that somewhere safe).

Copy your product key off the flash drive, reformat the flash drive and install unRAID again on flash drive then copy the key back to the flash drive in the /config folder. 

That's the "clean" way to make sure nothing lingers on the flash drive; however, you will have to reinstall and reconfigure all docker containers, VMs, settings, etc.  It is like starting over and why you may want to make sure you have a copy of current disk assignments for reference in building the array.

No data on the drives will be lost, just assign them back to the same slots.

If you want to preserve things like docker container configurations, plugins and other settings, copy off the entire /config folder before reformatting and then copy back the config files you feel are safe and not causing your problems.