Introduction Thread

I didn't see an actual introduction thread, so being new I decided I'd make one and introduce myself.

I'm a media-focused sysadmin who just found UNRAID recently, I'm a long time tinkerer and had been running stuff on Ubuntu and Debian for years as well as playing with Raspberry Pi. I also enjoy gaming on a Windows machine and cycling here in the Chicago area.

What about the rest of these forums? Tell me a bit about yourself, this seems like a cool tight-knit community!

On 7/31/2020 at 3:58 AM, ankunding said:

Hi, I have just been a member of the forum. Currently, I am still finding more about this field and I hope I can improve my knowledge when I am a part of such a huge community like this one

I'm hoping to improve my own knowledge as well, UNRAID seems like a great way to learn AND get something out of it!

I, too, just started using unRAID myself. Been following it for sometime but decided to make the switch since my Synology is nearly out of support and due a replacement. So far, it's a night and day difference. Naturally, the Synology is more simplistic and user friendly, but unRAID is way more powerful. So far, really liking the decision.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:22 AM, tezgno said:

I, too, just started using unRAID myself. Been following it for sometime but decided to make the switch since my Synology is nearly out of support and due a replacement. So far, it's a night and day difference. Naturally, the Synology is more simplistic and user friendly, but unRAID is way more powerful. So far, really liking the decision.

I was running stock Ubuntu but I almost switched to Synology at one point before finding UNRAID.