Lost all docker containers after restart.

tl;dr

Check for physically disconnected drives.

As the title suggest, I lost all my docker after a restart. My appdata was empty. I had a backup and restored it, and started to reinstall apps, but they are all coming up as if brand new. sonarr, radarr, plex all have to be set up again. I have attached my diagnostics. I didn't reboot after the restore cause I know I will lose diagnostics.

What is the problem?

predator-diagnostics-20200730-1603.zip

Edited by dbinott

You don't have a cache disk assigned, so your appdata and system shares are on the array. Your dockers won't perform as well due to parity updates, and dockers will keep your array disks spinning.

I see you have an Unassigned SSD. Why aren't you using that as cache? Or did you intend for your docker.img and appdata to live on that Unassigned SSD? Your Docker Settings don't currently have it configured that way.

5 minutes ago, dbinott said:

I had set that some time ago and don't recall why ATM.

I recommend deleting docker image and recreating it at only 20G. Making it larger won't fix anything, it will just make it take longer to fill.

Then you can use

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

The Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were.

5 minutes ago, dbinott said:

Will all the changes I just did for apps that are on array move over to cache now? Don't really want that, but I guess it should be ok.

What do you mean you don't want that? On cache is where they belong. But they won't move because mover can't move open files. Post new diagnostics when you have cache going again and I will help you get them moved to cache.

ok, so when the cache drive was disconnected, I started to reinstall, that stuff got put on the array. I reconnected the cache drive that has all the good configs on it. I just didn't want the array stuff overwriting the cache drive stuff in case it was not correct. Not a big deal tho.