Hardware recommendation for RELIABLE VM with GPU RTX2060/2070 Super

Maddeen

Hi there,

is here anybody who's running a really reliable VM with a RTX 2060 Super (or a RTX2070) passed through including gaming?

I'm freaking out and don't have any more patience to try & error different solutions to get a reliable VM. 

First I started with a VEGA 56 - pain in the ass. I dropped it due to the typical AMD-GPU-Error. Ok - fine. 

Then I bought my current GPU - an ASUS RTX 2060 Super. 

VM runs about 3-6 days reliable - and then ... destroyed.

Can't even get the vm running again - but I dont even changed anything. No update - nothing. 
Tried a complete reinstall of my WIN10 - no luck either. Now I cant get even pass through the GPU?!? The first VM doesn't have this problem. 

Nothing changed -- all of a sudden - nothings works anymore.

Here an error (Stuck D3) - there another error - suddenly spinning up GPU fans without any load or a VM running --- endless story of failures.

And - sadly - it seems that I'm the only one. Not even one post in my thread. Which maybe an indicator, that my hardware isn't optimal for unraid + VM gaming. 

Long story short:

Is there anybody who got a really reliable VM passed through with an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2060 Super (or a RTX2070) and was able to game with this about months?

Or maybe over a year? 😳

If so, please provide me more details regarding your hardware - especially your motherboard and the BIOS version. 

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Edited by Maddeen

When you have a problem, the first thing to do is to get the diagnostic zip (Tools -> Diagnostics) and attach it in your post. It provides a lot of details to help with diagnostics. (and it's critical to use the diagnostics when the issue happens).

Is your system same as your sig (i7-6700)?

If that's the case then you should not have your VM "destroyed". There might be something else going on. Again no guarantee but diagnostics zip may help.