xfs and btrfs

that setting was already btrfs, but that drive didnt do it until you told me to click a disk #,  i clicked disk # and changed it

So next time i put in a drive, put it in case, unraid sees it an puts it in UD, i mount drive, then put it into a disk position, click disk #, anmd make fs btrfs, then i start array ? and unraid does the rest ?

one last question

Edited by x88dually
1 minute ago, x88dually said:

but that drive didnt do it until you told me to click a disk #,  i clicked disk # and changed it

Because it was set to xfs, default is auto.

2 minutes ago, x88dually said:

i mount drive,

No, you don't need to do anything with UD, just assign it to an array slot, start the array, disk will be cleared (unless it was precleared already) and then you can format.

• 2 weeks later...

Now i unmounted disk 3, the first movie drive, made movie share for disk 3 and 4. Stooped array, share didnt come up on disk 4, stopped array, restarted, still no share on disk 4.

Rebooted unraid, still no share, stopped array, unmounted disk 3, 11.3 tb full, couldnt start array grayed out button. re mounted disk 3, started array, NOW disk 3 error, under main disk array says " Unmountable : NO file system". Its a 12tb drive with 11.3tb FULL

Now my only option is to format it again according to unraid.

This is why i did everything in UD on v6.8.0, didnt have these problems.

WTF ??

Edited by x88dually