Moving array disks around to match bay placement

I just transplanted my Unraid installation from a tower to a SM-846. This is an established array with data, and came up fine in the new machine. I'll now be adding more storage.

My question is, can I move the existing array members around, so their Device ID's in Unraid match the bays in the chassis I actually put them in?

i.e., can I change the current "Disk 4" to empty, and move that disk to "Disk 5" - because I placed that disk in Bay 5 - without losing any data? Will Unraid keep the array intact with all data?

ss.png

I appreciate the response, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Sorry if I'm being thick - are you saying that I can change things around and because I only have one parity drive it wouldn't force a parity check? (not that I am trying to avoid that - I'll be moving that around next...)

Ahh OK - I had to look up what you meant by New Config - I've never noticed or used this tool. So, to do what I want to do here, I want to preserve current assignments for parity and cache drives but not for data drives, correct? That should land me back at empty drive slot assignments and at that point I can reorder disks to match bays. No data should be lost, and all Docker configurations should be retained, yes?

s2.png