(SOLVED) /dev/dri not found using an intel i5-10600K

Hello,

I'm new to unRaid, also I recently bought the most recent intel core generation cpu, an i5-10600k with quicksync supported

My goal was to use the iGPU to transcode in plex, after reading some posts in the forum, I realized no one fixes my problem, maybe the cpu isn't compatible??

I tried these commands:

modprobe i915
cd /dev/dri

but that directory doesn't exist,

then found something that it needs to add this 

i915.alpha_support=1

to the syslinux.cfg, again no luck

anyone can help me?

PS: motherboard is this one: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z490

Edited by ricreis394
1 hour ago, ricreis394 said:

I tried these commands:

modprobe i915
cd /dev/dri

but that directory doesn't exist,

I doubt the iGPU of the 10xxx CPUs is supported in the older 4.19.xxx Linux kernel of the 6.8.3 release.

You might try installing the 6.9 beta 25 release to see if the 5.7.8 kernel has the proper support.

You can always roll back to stable once you see if the Linux kernel version is the problem.

Also, as a general rule with any Linux kernel, make sure the iGPU is the primary graphics adapter (or however it is specified in your BIOS) or the i915 drivers will not load.

9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

I doubt the iGPU of the 10xxx CPUs is supported in the older 4.19.xxx Linux kernel of the 6.8.3 release.

You might try installing the 6.9 beta 25 release to see if the 5.7.8 kernel has the proper support.

You can always roll back to stable once you see if the Linux kernel version is the problem.

Also, as a general rule with any Linux kernel, make sure the iGPU is the primary graphics adapter (or however it is specified in your BIOS) or the i915 drivers will not load.

iGPU is already defined as primary in BIOS

doing

lsmod | grep i915

outputs this, so I guess it means something, right?

i915                 1351680  0
i2c_algo_bit           16384  1 i915
iosf_mbi               16384  1 i915
drm_kms_helper        135168  1 i915
drm                   348160  2 drm_kms_helper,i915
intel_gtt              20480  1 i915
i2c_core               40960  4 drm_kms_helper,i2c_algo_bit,i915,drm
video                  40960  1 i915
backlight              16384  2 video,i915

I'll try checking with another versions of unRaid

22 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Thanks! It worked! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BandisGlanbrook said:

Hi, which part worked for you?

I have an MSI B460 board with an i3-10100 and I'm having the same issues you were describing.

I'm running 6.9.0-beta25 and I'm not seeing /dev/dri.

Could you perhaps share your BIOS setup for the iGPU?

Did you set iGPU as primary in BIOS?

1 hour ago, ricreis394 said:

Did you set iGPU as primary in BIOS?

I think so...

I don't have an option called exactly that, but I've set Initiate Graphic Adapter to IGD, I've attached a screenshot of my configuration.

I just get /dev/dri: No such file or directory.
I had it set to PEG earlier, with the same result, except in that case I was getting similar results from lsmod | grep i915 as you mentioned previously.

MSI_SnapShot_00.bmp