(Solved)how to copy files from within win10 vm to unraid folder

Hi guys,

maybe a naive question, I want to know how to copy the files I generated within the win10 vm to unraid folder? I didn't see options like mount point when I create win10 vm in unraid.

Thanks for any help.

ewre

Edited by ghan1
5 hours ago, ghan1 said:

Hi guys,

maybe a naive question, I want to know how to copy the files I generated within the win10 vm to unraid folder? I didn't see options like mount point when I create win10 vm in unraid.

Thanks for any help.

ewre

Enable SMB share (Settings -> SMB -> Enable SMB = Yes -> Apply). You have to do this when the array is stopped.

Then go to the share you want to share with the VM (Shares -> click on the share -> Export = Yes). By default Security is Public I think so you might want to change it. Read the help text for explanation.

Then in Windows Explorer type \\[IP of your server] or \\[Server name e.g. tower] and the share should show up and then just do the usual file copy from within Windows. You can also mount it as a network drive or even symlink to a path etc.

2 hours ago, testdasi said:

Enable SMB share (Settings -> SMB -> Enable SMB = Yes -> Apply). You have to do this when the array is stopped.

Then go to the share you want to share with the VM (Shares -> click on the share -> Export = Yes). By default Security is Public I think so you might want to change it. Read the help text for explanation.

Then in Windows Explorer type \\[IP of your server] or \\[Server name e.g. tower] and the share should show up and then just do the usual file copy from within Windows. You can also mount it as a network drive or even symlink to a path etc.

Got you. much appreciated.