vdisk allocation says 100gb of 100gb even with unallocated partition

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to shrink a Linux vdisk but im getting a corrupted vdisk at the end. I have followed Spaceinvader Ones video except that I used GParted for the first part. I restored from my backup and currently have a vdisk with 70gb of unallocated space created using GParted again but in the VM GUI I still see 100gb of 100gb. The VM is actually only using 17gb and its partition is of 30gb. I checked "Disks" while in the VM and the unallocated partition is there. At this point if I use the terminal command Spaceinvader One mentions in his video I get the corrupted vdisk again. Any ideas as to how to fix this or another method to accomplish this? I'm trying to get my vms on an ssd but I have to shrink them all so they fit. Thanks.

1877519768_ScreenShot2020-08-01at3_48_12AM.thumb.png.d5bb3387f623eef194acfa00447f1825.png

@Ernie11 Is the vdisk encrypted during the initial Ubuntu installation? If so, it will be shown as fully allocated for Unraid. Every distro I tested with luks in the past are always fully allocated no matter how full the vdisk really was. Compressing the vdisk changes nothing because unraid has no access to the filesystem.