Sil3132 and C2SEE

This seems to be such a common combination I never dreamed I would be having the trouble I am.

- 5 Sil3132 cards (3 Monoprice and 2 Hong Kong specials)

- 2 C2SEE, 1.0c BIOS

I am having the same issue with both main boards so I don't think it is a defective mobo.

First lets give the PCI Express slots some numbers for easy reference.

Slot 1 will be the x1 slot

Slot 2 will be the x16 slot next to the x1 slot

Slot 3 will be the other x16 slot

None of the 3132 cards work in slot 2. When booting up they cause the power light to go off for a few seconds and then come back on. The system boots but it does not recognize the card. No Sil3132 BIOS message during boot. This is not a problem for me because I never expect to use a Sil3132 in this slot. An MV8 works just fine in the same slot.

The two Hong Kong specials with raid BIOS 7.2.23 work in the other two slots but are not flashable so I can't try them with any other BIOS.

All of the Monoprice cards work in a windows box with a Biostar mobo, two of them do not work at all in the C2SEE, one of them works in Slot 3 but not Slot 1. So far I have tried both the basic and RAID 7.7.0.3 and 7.5.07 BIOSes. All the Monoprice cards behave the same with all versions of the BIOS that I have tried. Later tonight I will try r7223 to see if that works. Not workng means the card BIOS message is not displayed during boot so the card is not recognized by unRAID.

I know the Monoprice cards are popular too and was wondering if anyone has them working in their C2SEE. If so do you know what BIOS is installed on them?

Not familiar with your particular board or recent Supermicro boards, but try looking for PEG or Intiate Graphics Adaptor (IGA) settings. Make sure IGA is set to IGD (internal) and PEG is set to disabled.

PEG= PCIe Graphics. Basically the bios thinks the SIL31322 is a graphics card or is getting confused trying to work out if it is a graphics card. Try looking for PEG link mode or PEG optimization also. Turn them all off. Hopefully this might help. 

PEG= PCIe Graphics. Basically the bios thinks the SIL31322 is a graphics card or is getting confused trying to work out if it is a graphics card. Try looking for PEG link mode or PEG optimization also. Turn them all off. Hopefully this might help.

That stopped the power light from going off and back on when a card is installed in the first x16 slot. That at least explains whay that was happening. Thanks!

Current state:

x1 slot - 2 of 5 cards work.

first x16 - system boots without turning off and on the powere light but 0 of 5 cards are detected.

second x16 - 3 of 5 cards work.

Will still be a few hours before I can try flashing the Monoprice cards to r7223.