Unknown Crashes apox 3 or 4 times a day?

Hi, i have been having issues recently with Unraid but im not sure what has changed, as its been crashing with or no reason i can see, i have re-seated the ram, and checked all cables and PSU, and am not seeing machine errors, but i cannot figure out what is causing my server to crash, would anyone be able to take a look at the attached Sys Log, and the diagnosis are from after i rebooted it as im unable to access it anyway after it crashes, thanks

another thing is after each reboot parity check is required but it normally makes it thought the 6 hour check then chraches after that?

Version: 6.8.3 

poseidon-diagnostics-20200802-1722.zip syslog

Also, your appdata and system shares have files on the array instead of all on cache. This often happens when you enable dockers/VMs before installing cache.

Parity updates will affect docker/VM performance, and dockers/VMs will keep array disk spunup since they will have open files in system and appdata.

You can't move open files so you would have to disable docker and VM services in Settings before you could move those to cache, or get mover to move them since they are cache-prefer.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Also, your appdata and system shares have files on the array instead of all on cache. This often happens when you enable dockers/VMs before installing cache.

Parity updates will affect docker/VM performance, and dockers/VMs will keep array disk spunup since they will have open files in system and appdata.

You can't move open files so you would have to disable docker and VM services in Settings before you could move those to cache, or get mover to move them since they are cache-prefer.

thanks for the infomation, sorry but how would i go about moving appdata and system files from the array to cache and see what files they are, and is there a way to stop files from going to the array in future as i can only think of excluding the array disk in the share settings thanks again

2 minutes ago, NINJA-468 said:

thanks for the infomation, sorry but how would i go about moving appdata and system files from the array to cache and see what files they are, and is there a way to stop files from going to the array in future as i can only think of excluding the array disk in the share settings thanks again

Since these shares are cache-prefer (by default) new files will always go to cache if there is room. But if

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

you enable dockers/VMs before installing cache

they have to go to the array.

Since these are cache-prefer shares mover will try to move them to cache, but

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

can't move open files so you would have to disable docker and VM services in Settings

then go to Main - Array Operations and Move Now.

Also, mover will not move duplicates, so post new diagnostics when it completes so we can see if there is anything else that needs to be cleaned up

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, NINJA-468 said:

sys log and diagnostics attached thanks.

Diagnostics already includes syslog. The only time we might want a separate syslog is if you have Syslog Server enabled to get us syslog from before a crash.

appdata is all on cache now, but system still has files on disk1.

9 minutes ago, NINJA-468 said:

disabled the docker

Do you mean disabled the docker container you had running, or do you mean you disabled the docker service in Settings - Docker? The service must be disabled to move system.

What do you get from the command line with

ls -lah /mnt/disk1/system

and

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean disabled the docker container you had running, or do you mean you disabled the docker service in Settings - Docker? The service must be disabled to move system.

I disabled the docker service in settings.

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

root@Poseidon:~# ls -lah /mnt/disk1/system
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users  47 Jun  3 17:30 ./
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users 103 Aug  1 22:30 ../
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  32 Aug  1 22:30 docker/
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  33 May 19 11:54 libvirt/

17 minutes ago, trurl said:

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system

root@Poseidon:~# ls -lah /mnt/cache/system
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 12 May 19 11:54 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 40 Aug  1 22:21 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 20 May 19 11:54 docker/

Thanks

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

Go to Settings - Docker, disable, then delete docker image from that same page. Do the same for Settings - VM Manager. Don't enable either for now.

i have done this for Docker but VM manager tab says;

"Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Please disable the VM function"

i dont belive i have it enabled in bios as i dont use VM's

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Don't enable either for now.

neither are enabled

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

root@Poseidon:~# ls -lah /mnt/disk1/system
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users  47 Jun  3 17:30 ./
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users 103 Aug  1 22:30 ../
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  32 Aug  1 22:30 docker/
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  33 May 19 11:54 libvirt/