Wired Behavior from Unraid

Hello,

I run now Unraid on my NAS for about 6 Months.

Recently i noticed a wired behavior. For some reason the NAS constantly reports to change the MAC Adress (got noticed by Glasswire). i havent changed settings in Unraid or the Hardware configuration of the NAS. But when the situation appear randomly all SMB shares loose connection the Webinterface is not reachable.

Hi there,

What can you tell us about this network controller?

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5723 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [14e4:165b] (rev 10)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC107i Integrated PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter [103c:705d]
    Kernel driver in use: tg3
    Kernel modules: tg3

It appears that is changing the MAC and I don't know much about that specific adapter.  This is definitely not an Unraid-specific issue as far as I can tell.  And in the logs that your MAC hasn't changed during that boot sequence.  Can you send us logs that you capture after the MAC address has changed in a single boot?

I think i was able to solve the issue.

for some reason Cloudflare DNS doesnt worked as a DNS server. Switched back to Google DNS and now it seems to work (got suggested by Fix Common Problems Plugin)

I will Monitor it now for a day or two and will report here if it solved the issue.

• 1 month later...

i think ive found the Issue.

I use a Docker Container that uses a Different Ip as the Host, for some reason Unraid switches between the Mac Adresses assigned to each of the Different IPs used by the Server.

Did some Research in the Forums and found someone with the same issue.

Edited by Superbrain