[SOLVED] Unable to connect to new instance of Unraid

Hi there

After playing around with Unraid for a while on some ancient hardware, I took the plunge and ordered new parts to set up a more permanent, albeit modest, solution.

The relevant hardware is:

CPU: Intel i3-10100

RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

Motherboard: MSI MAG B460 Tomahawk

However, after assembling the PC and inserting the USB drive, I've come across a number of issues:

The first is that I can't seem to connect to the Unraid instance, as it looks like it's not establishing a network connection.

I've tried both the DHCP option and static IP option in the flash creator, nothing seems to work. I've also tried boot images with UEFI boot both enabled and disabled.

I've got the machine connected to a display over HDMI on the iGPU, and I have a USB keyboard attached.

All I ever get upon trying to ping devices on my local network is Destination Host Unreachable

A Ubuntu Live USB had no issues connecting.

I've also attempted to enter the GUI mode, as I read that this can be used to deal with network issues, however, after the boot sequence, I just get a blinking underscore with no GUI ever appearing.

I've tried disabling everything related to Fast Boot in the UEFI BIOS, still nothing works.

My current theory is that I'm having issues because the motherboard has both an integrated 1Gbps controller and a 2.5 Gbps controller, so I'm thinking there's some conflict going on.

I've tried multiple known good cables, and the switch I'm connecting to works fine for my other devices.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what I could be doing wrong?

Edit: Turns out it was a driver issue. The 6.9.0-beta25 version seems to have fixed my issue.

Edited by BandisGlanbrook
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unable to connect to new instance of Unraid