User shares goes missing

I was running V6.7.2 for a long time without any issues.  I upgraded to V6.8.3 earlier this year and all seemed ok until a short while ago.  Suddenly my user shares would disappear after a day or so.  Windows will still show the shares, but will display the error that about permissions.  When I log into Unraid, it doesn't show any user shares, the list is blank.  If i reboot, then all is back to normal again.  The shares are shown in Unraid and are accessible from Windows.  Why do they go missing?  I can't see anything in the log.

There seem to be a number of common reasons why User Shares go ‘missing’:

1. the shfs process used to support User Shares crashes.   If you suspect this is happening then you should try running in Safe Mode to see if the problem still occurs as it can be caused by a plugin installing an incompatible library (plugins do not run in Ssfe Mode).
  2. File system level corruption on one or more drives.    You can run file system check/repair on each dtive in turn to rectify such issues.
  3. the USB stick drops offline.

hopefully the requested diagnostics would point to one of these being the likely cause of the problem.

I left the system running and it stopped working again.  This time, the following error occured:

Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute 'logger error: '/webGui/include/DashUpdate.php;: ininitialized csrf_token' in /user/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/local_prepend.php on line 18

I scanned the USB drive and no errors found.  I'll try scan all the drives, but that may take a while.

Capture.PNG

backups-diagnostics-20200805-1432.zip

The only way that has been found thus far to get an unitialized csrf_token is if (probably due to a misconfigured docker app) the RAM (rootfs) completely fills up.  The diagnostics are after a reboot, so not much of any use there.

Watch the dashboard, and when the log / used memory goes up significantly, post new diagnostics.

• 2 months later...

I'm still struggling with my shares disappearing a day or so after the system reboots.  The logs keep showing the error: "

rsyslogd: file '/var/log/syslog'[4] write error - see https://www.rsyslog.com/solving-rsyslog-write-errors/ for help OS error: No space left on device [v8.1908.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2027 ]".

The total log file is 27kb and the dashboard shows the log is 1% of the memory.  Neither the memory, the flash drive or any of the disks are full.  So not sure why the error keeps coming up.

I don't have the docker or any VM's running.  What is also odd is I have two almost identical systems - the one is running perfectly, and the one keeps giving this error.  The system was also running for more than a year on V6.7.2 without issue.  It's only after updating to V6.8.3 that this issue appeared.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

backups-syslog-20201012-1359.zip