Question on torrenting asking first so I dont break anything<-- Noob

So if i set up jackett and radarr and sonarr with qbittorrent can I have it download to a share called downloads on my cache drive then manually move them to their respective shares Movies and TVShows using Krusader onto the array. I would rather just seed back from the cache drive until 1:1 is met and then delete from cache drive. I dont really want the downloads on my array and I am not really downloading all that much.  Or would it be better to have a unassigned drive to download to and seed from?

1 hour ago, Energen said:

You can do it any way you want, it's your computer.

I probably wouldn't use krusader though, I'd just use SMB shares.

Ok so what is the difference between a share that is public and a SMB share?  I can see my shares in windows file expolrer under network but I havent created them under the SMB section of UnRaid.

I am running into something strange now that I have remote torrent adder sending torrents to my qbittorrent web gui on my unraid server.  I changed the save path to: /mnt/user/Downloads/Incomplete, it starts to download but then tapers off in speed till it stalls out about 5 seconds.  If I change it back to the default location /config/qbittorent/downloads it starts up and grabs it in mere minutes.  I am not sure what is wrong here and why changing it to save to the share i want is killing it from downloading.  Anyone seen this before?

21 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Containers are sort of like their own little computer, they don't have access to anything unless you map it in their set up configuration.

Read through this entire article.

https://wiki.unraid.net/What_are_the_host_volume_paths_and_the_container_paths

I have read the article and I believe that my containers are pointed to the proper location for downloads to go.  /mnt/user/Downloads/Incomplete

and in the webui for qbittorrent I have the default path set as the same path.  

On 8/5/2020 at 4:09 AM, whitewraith said:

Or would it be better to have a unassigned drive to download to and seed from?

This is how I do it now, but come version 6.9 I'll transition this to a dedicated pool.

Once a download completes, it is moved by the torrent client to a completed folder, from there it is grabbed by my media searcher (such as Sonarr docker) and copied to media folder on array.

Edited by tjb_altf4

Just to close the loop on this, you need to tell the application to use /data, which is the container path. The application can't know anything about the host path, /mnt/user/Downloads. All dockers work this way. Understanding volume mapping is 90% of knowing how to setup any docker.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, trurl said:

Just to close the loop on this, you need to tell the application to use /data, which is the container path. The application can't know anything about the host path, /mnt/user/Downloads. All dockers work this way. Understanding volume mapping is 90% of knowing how to setup any docker.

HOlY CRAP I GET IT!!!!!!  Thanks for helping me to understand!!!