Re Purpose UNRAID Thumb Drive

I attempted to reuse an old PC and turn it into a NAS. Although successful with UNRAID this attempt was doomed to fail as my only use of the NAS was as a server for my PLEX media and the old processor would not transcode the video files. My kids bought me a stand alone Synology NAS (Great Kids) and I decided to use the Synology software to manage the array. I had installed UNRAID on a new 32GB thumb drive and I would like to know if, or how, to reuse the drive normally. Is it possible or is it a throw away? It sure does not want to be formatted in any way, is it maybe write protected?

UNRAID as listed in the instructions, uses a special utility just to make the drive bootable and configure it to work loading the program. I find it hard to believe that the drive is failing, it was purchased brand new and used a total of two weeks. I have tried to format in Windows 10, and thru the Disk Manager as well as EaseUS and two Kingston third party programs, none will allow formatting. If any thumb drive you use for UNRAID becomes unusable forever except for UNRAID, OK. I would love to hear from someone who has actually reused a thumb drive that has been processed for use with UNRAID.