need some help with Plex on docker please.

iamsammajor

Hi all,

I installed the plex from Apps tab, and configure to pick up my movies and tv shows, on  a plex client i can see all my folders,

however i could only see show files, majority of the tv show (*.mkv files) are missing, i dont recall seeing this when i use a plex server with my old synology NAS.

does plex on docker has some limitation on what media format it suppors? (e.g. audio or video coding type etc.)

has anyone experienced similar thing before?

thanks advance.

In that case, something is probably wrong with your configuration.

You'd have to check all your file paths in the docker container and in your plex libraries and settings.

And make sure your info scrapers are correct.  In your image it says Movies and then is season 2 of a TV show... so if you have them set incorrectly it's not going to show you anything because it's scraping the wrong thing.

11 hours ago, Energen said:

You might have one share for both but you have to configure your Plex libraries differently for TV and Movies.

Untitled.png

thank you so much for your help. not idea why "Movies" and "TV Shows" actually make a difference.

with your help i use other videos, it actually picked up all my shows and stuff.

now will set up the hardware transcoding.

thanks again for your help.

2 minutes ago, iamsammajor said:

thank you so much for your help. not idea why "Movies" and "TV Shows" actually make a difference.

with your help i use other videos, it actually picked up all my shows and stuff.

That's still not the proper way to set it up.

Other Videos uses the Plex Video Files Scanner which is a generic scanner that will/can match a lot of stuff to movies or tv but it won't get everything, and you won't generate much metadata from it (artwork, etc). 

Plex Video Files Scanner

This scanner is similar to the Plex Movie Scanner, but is less strict in how the media files are named. It is meant to match as much content as possible for you, but at the same time it also isn’t as smart as the normal scanner. Some features/limitations:

Does not exclude content named like a TV episode

Does not support stacked content

Internet based information will not be fetched – so no posters etc.

If the Local Media Agent is enabled, embedded and other local assets will be used

You should use the Movies library for your movies and the TV library for your television.  Even if the video file scanner picked up all of your media it would all be contained within the 'other videos' folder and not sorted, nicely, into tv and movies.

2.png.6fd772b0ac545438db891aa1663865dc.png

Yes, both of those streams are transcoding on the fly, meaning they are using the CPU to convert the media for playback.  By the looks of it your P400 is not being used for transcoding.. if you intend on using that you'll have to learn about passing the gpu through to the plex docker and stuff like that.