[SOLVED] Kernel panic while booting

I seem to have run into a problem with my backup unraid server... when booting I get the attached kernel panic message.... the boot USB Stick seems fine, was able to pull all contents and write back onto it...

How can I diagnose the problem further and get my server back up running again?

Any help greatly appreciated!

1800D3D6-1885-47F0-BCFB-FF9BCB6B24D3.jpeg

So I put the USB Stick into another PC to see if I get the same kernel panic. 521d3622001086679432dd66ea68ee5f.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, this looks to me like some file on the stick got corrupted, preventing it from being mounted as the root filesystem.

How would I go about getting all the necessary files for Unraid and refreshing them onto the stick in the most efficient way?

All your settings and licence file are stored it the 'config' folder on the flash drive.  You want to make sure you can read its contents and the easiest way to do this is by making a backup of this on your PC/Mac.

I would then recommend downloading the zip file for the release you are using and extracting all the bz* type files overwriting the copies on the USB stick.  This should fix any corruption of the system files

• Like 1
8 hours ago, itimpi said:

All your settings and licence file are stored it the 'config' folder on the flash drive.  You want to make sure you can read its contents and the easiest way to do this is by making a backup of this on your PC/Mac.

I would then recommend downloading the zip file for the release you are using and extracting all the bz* type files overwriting the copies on the USB stick.  This should fix any corruption of the system files

I basically went ahead and flashed the usb stick fresh using the unraid usb creator tool and copied back the contents of my config folder. Worked flawlessly, server is now back up running. Thanks again for your help!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Kernel panic while booting