Bifurcation issue

weltern

Motherboard - Supermicro X9DR3(i)-F

CPUs - Dual Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2

RAM - 128GB

PCI-e NVMe Card - ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 3.0 X4 Expansion Card V2

NVMe Drives - 1TB PM951 NVMe Samsung

Using the above hardware i am having issues using bifurcation to have both NVMe show up in UnRaid to be used as cache drives. 

At best using another adapter, Dell dual PCIe NVMe adapter, I was able to get one to show up and even with two separate adapters only one showed up. 

Currently the ASUS card is sitting in CPU1 Slot2 PCIe x16 Gen 3 slot according to the Manual i found online and the two NVMe drives are sitting in slots 1 & 2.

I've tried setting the bifurcation to x4x4x4x4, x4x4x8, x16, x4(4) as Gen 2, and am quickly running out of ideas to get this to work.

So far the furtherest I've gotten with the ASUS card is only one drive showing up while the slot was set to x16 Gen3 in the BIOS.

any other settings the slot was in resulted in neither of the drives in showing up. 

I know both drives are good because drives have individually shown up in Unraid but just not together, albeit one shows up more often than the other

Maybe the one drive is not doing well or the MB has issue?

Looking to see if anyone out there has the same hardware or issue and have gotten it to work. Not sure what i am missing (it is prob right in front of my face). 

There should be plenty of PCIe lanes from the dual CPUs. 

Any help is great appreciated.

Thank you 

X9DR3(i)-F+ Manual.pdf

Edited by weltern
additional info

It won't work. I have two of those boards, and I could never get it to see more than one NVMe, even when using SuperMicro expansion cards.

There only seem to be a couple of X9 boards that actually support bifurcation, despite the BIOS settings.

I ended up buying this board. It works great and unRAID sees all the drives.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083GLR3WL/

Edited by StevenD