[Solved] vfio-pci.ids not working to pass thru network card to pfsense VM

I had a working setup with a 4 port intel network card and pfsense running in a VM (following Spaceinvader guide mostly).  Then I had a disk fail and some issues, that i've fixed.

Now my last issue is I can't get my pfsense working again.  It seems that unRaid keeps detecting and initializing my 4 port NIC even thought I have used the "append vfio-pci.ids=8086:150e initrd=/bzroot" in my syslinux config.  This used to work fine, but now unRaid just keeps detecting the card and I can't pass it thru to the VM.  Any suggestion? I've tried deleting the vfio-pci.ids=8086:150e line and rebooting, but adding it back it still doesn't work. 

image.thumb.png.0d475c49001e401cfd3559319c9b87c6.png348180067_image(2).thumb.png.4520a4ed0295a59469d0b0437be30bd3.png177349591_image(1).thumb.png.72544d8a7abdd88fa0c472a0d0f555cb.png

nas4x12-diagnostics-20200809-1723.zip

Edited by drjUnraid

Thanks.  I tried the plug-in using v6.7.3 and I ran into the same issue that @Keexrean had where two ports were being passed, but two were remaining in Unraid.  Unraid was also randomly reassigning the eth0 interface to the HW address of the wrong Ethernet port after reboots.

I then uninstalled the plugin, installed v6.9.0 Beta 25.  I used the now built in tool to select the 4 ethernet ports off the NIC.  That was the solution as it is now working again.  I'm back to just having append  initrd=/bzroot in my syslinux config.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, and thanks for tagging me on that, else I would have missed it.

So it seems 6.9 will indeed solve the issue, but as I prefer to wait for the stable release (because this server is kinda important, and I can't afford to run into beta-issues), I might still go barbarian on it in the mean time with some rmmod if I fail to sit tight until 6.9 get released.

@rachid596 I'ld advise you to read a bit more closely because I'm already on 6.8.1 and with the plugin, and the precise topic is about how it doesn't work with that setup.

You're welcome.

On my syslinux config i have this

kernel /bzimage

append initrd=/bzroot vfio-pci.ids=10de:1ada,10de:1adb

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk