***Noobie***Can Docker Engines seed Torrents?

Hello,

I am very new to Unraid and Linux. I am having an issue finding an answer on if the Dockers can seed outbound. I have the Qbittorrent Docker and it works amazing for downloading but I cannot seem to get it to upload anything, to anyone. Is this a limitation or not. Trust me when I say that I looked everywhere for the answer. It's confusing because my connection status is green.

qbittorrent.PNG

Yes the dockers can seed.

Yes they transfer out.

One possibility is that of those 3 torrents you have shown, there's only 4/3/3 peers on them with 15/9/6 seeds... the low number of peers might not need any of your data.  It's pretty rare to not have anything uploaded though.

You might look at your router to see if any sort of outgoing connections are blocked, and see which services are disabled that might otherwise need to be enabled.

• Thanks 1

I checked out my router logs like you suggested, everything is fine there. It give me the Unraid NAS ip and then the port and says they are forwarded. If seeding on a Docker is possible that is good news! I just have to figure out why there is no data being shared, note even a byte. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you trying to help me. 

tempsnip.png

Edited by lethalone
  • 3 years later...
On 8/12/2020 at 2:06 AM, lethalone said:

I checked out my router logs like you suggested, everything is fine there. It give me the Unraid NAS ip and then the port and says they are forwarded. If seeding on a Docker is possible that is good news! I just have to figure out why there is no data being shared, note even a byte. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you trying to help me. 

tempsnip.png

Have ever worked out this issue? I come up to the same thing now, and wonder to find a way to get it over.

微信图片_20231128235147.png