Plex Media Not Updated

Hi there,

I've got docker running a Plex instance. It plays things fine on my local network and generally seems to run fine. I have encountered an issue which I did not encounter on a previous docker Plex install (not unraid based)

My issue is that I can't get the media library to update itself. I've got the usual options in Plex set to check for changes to the media library paths etc. 

I currently have my media paths mapped using unassigned devices / smb share from another file server.

The docker image will map to these share paths using access mode RO/Shared.

For some reason when new media is put on the share (locally on the other file server) you will see this referenced fine on the share itself. But nothing will update accordingly inside Plex. If I do a manual media scan it will locate the new additions.

Wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on how I can resolve this? Would there be some option I've set/not set for the docker container? Is it because I am mapped to a shared drive instead of a local path?

Cheers!

30 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You need to make sure that you use one of the ‘slave’ access modes.   Without this you will only see changes when the Docker container is restarted.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried changing my shares to RO/Slave but this does not appear to have changed anything.

Added a new file. It was picked up immediately on my older Plex and nothing happens on the new Plex. If I initiate a manual scan, the new Plex will scan all the media again and then the new file shows up.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...