Full 12tb drive now "Unmountable: No filesystem"

7 minutes ago, x88dually said:

all 3 shares say all disks, even with prefer applied.

According to your diagnostics appdata, domains, system shares are still cache-yes. Did you change them to cache-prefer after taking those diagnostics?

Why did you post so many screenshots of your Movies settings? Is there some difference between those that I am supposed to be looking for?

I will have more to say about Minimum Free in my next post.

Here is the way Minimum Free works.

Unraid has no way to know how large a file will become when it chooses a disk for it. If a disk has more than Minimum remaining, it can be chosen, depending on other things like Allocation Method and Split Level.

Note that Minimum Free doesn't mean that it will keep that much free, it just means it won't choose that disk if it has less than Minimum.

For example, if Minimum is 50G and a disk has 60G remaining, it can be chosen, even if the file winds up being 40G. Or even if the file winds up being 100G, in which case you get an out-of-space error.

The general recommendation is to set Minimum to larger than the largest file your expect to write. I don't know how you chose the Minimum you set but I expect it had nothing to do with the way that setting actually works.

Also note that Split Level has precedence over Allocation Method and Minimum Free, so Split Level can make it choose a disk that is completely full.

Has it begun to write Movies to disk4 yet? If not then you probably just need to change your Split Level.

i had 749 set, but disk 3 stopped at 765g free.

Everything is going directlly to disk 4.

i have tv an movie shares set to FILL UP and MANUAL splitting of directories and free space 749gig, because of having to re encode 3/4 of my librsary. Thats whta theres soo much free space.

1 question about file transfers thru network.

Can i run a network copy to tv share as well as movie share at the same time ?

5 hours ago, x88dually said:

You can not simply change the size of the Docker Image in the webUI back to 25g once its 75g, the size of the file does not shrink to the smaller value when you press the "Save" button..  So in the Web interface you have 25G but in reality, the file is still 75G in size.

SpaceInvaderOne has an excellent YouTube video on Docker principles and setup.  Take a look at this video and let me know how you get along.

I see that you are pretty new to UnRaid, welcome.  You might want to subscribe to SpaceInvaderOne's Channel, he has excellent information about unraid and he provides succinct instructions and good practices for anything you might do with Unraid. 

Good Luck!

• Like 1