[Support] BoKKeR - RSSTT - RSS to Telegram

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this yesterday, and it does everything I need. Except one thing. Is there a reason it only grabs the most recent item in the list?

For example, I'm grabbing an RSS feed for a subreddit that has a sticky message. So I never get any notifications for it. Can you bump it to like 20 or something?

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, BoKKeR said:

I can look into this, can you share your docker run command that you get after adding the container?

it's installed straight from CA

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='RSSTT---RSS-To-Telegram' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TOKEN'='my_token' -e 'CHATID'='my_bot' -e 'DELAY'='600' --net=container:OpenVPN-Client 'bokker/rss.to.telegram:latest'

I removed the token and id. I also passed this through a OpenVPN container so network is set to none if that matters.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So you mean the chatID of the bot itself or the one of the group I added the bot to?
When I run /help in the group the following message appears in the log.

telegram.error.BadRequest: Can't parse entities: character '-' is reserved and must be escaped with the preceding '\'
2022-02-04 15:55:49,270 - telegram.ext.dispatcher - ERROR - No error handlers are registered, logging exception.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/ext/dispatcher.py", line 432, in process_update
handler.handle_update(update, self, check, context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/ext/handler.py", line 156, in handle_update
return self.callback(update, context)
File "telegramRSSbot.py", line 126, in cmd_help
"\n\nIf you like the project, star it on [DockerHub](https://hub.docker.com/r/bokker/rss.to.telegram)")
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/message.py", line 655, in reply_markdown_v2
return self.bot.send_message(self.chat_id, *args, **kwargs)
File "<decorator-gen-2>", line 2, in send_message
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/bot.py", line 135, in decorator
result = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/bot.py", line 466, in send_message
api_kwargs=api_kwargs,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/bot.py", line 281, in _message
result = self._post(endpoint, data, timeout=timeout, api_kwargs=api_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/bot.py", line 245, in _post
return self.request.post(f'{self.base_url}/{endpoint}', data=data, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/utils/request.py", line 354, in post
**urlopen_kwargs,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/telegram/utils/request.py", line 272, in _request_wrapper
raise BadRequest(message)
telegram.error.BadRequest: Can't parse entities: character '-' is reserved and must be escaped with the preceding '\'

The bot successfully fetches the feed but posts it only in its own chat but not in the group.

But /list and /add works in the group...

Something I have not quite understood 🤔

• 1 year later...

Used this for quite a while now, but believe a recent update broke it. Docker dies shortly after start:

RangeError [ERR_SOCKET_BAD_PORT]: Port should be >= 0 and < 65536. Received NaN.
    at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:363:5)
    at validatePort (node:internal/validators:208:11)
    at lookupAndConnect (node:net:988:5)
    at Socket.connect (node:net:964:5)
    at connect (node:net:193:17)
    at /app/node_modules/ioredis/built/connectors/StandaloneConnector.js:54:66
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11) {
  code: 'ERR_SOCKET_BAD_PORT'
}
Prisma schema loaded from prisma/schema.prisma
Datasource "db": SQLite database "rss_bot_database.db" at "file:./../config/rss_bot_database.db"

4 migrations found in prisma/migrations

No pending migrations to apply.

This docker has served me well, would appreciate any help on this :)

Edited by Blacksus
On 6/9/2023 at 2:49 AM, Blacksus said:

Used this for quite a while now, but believe a recent update broke it. Docker dies shortly after start:

RangeError [ERR_SOCKET_BAD_PORT]: Port should be >= 0 and < 65536. Received NaN.
    at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:363:5)
    at validatePort (node:internal/validators:208:11)
    at lookupAndConnect (node:net:988:5)
    at Socket.connect (node:net:964:5)
    at connect (node:net:193:17)
    at /app/node_modules/ioredis/built/connectors/StandaloneConnector.js:54:66
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11) {
  code: 'ERR_SOCKET_BAD_PORT'
}
Prisma schema loaded from prisma/schema.prisma
Datasource "db": SQLite database "rss_bot_database.db" at "file:./../config/rss_bot_database.db"

4 migrations found in prisma/migrations

No pending migrations to apply.

This docker has served me well, would appreciate any help on this :)

I updated the template with the redis env variables

Edited by BoKKeR