[SOLVED] LSI 9207-8e not showing drives

phreeq

I just installed my 'new' LSI 9207-8e (purchased from Art of Server on ebay) and I'm not seeing any drives showing up in unRAID. The logs show where the driver is loading during boot up, the UI shows the card under system devices, but neither of the two drives I've got attached to the card are showing up in either the UI or when I run lsscsi.

This is in a Dell R-710 that has been running unRAID for a couple of years now on the Perc6i that it came with. The LSI card is flashed to IT and was bought and installed to try and add more drives to the array. The card is in IT mode and I'm using it to connect to a homebrew DAS

Edited by phreeq
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] LSI 9207-8e not showing drives
19 hours ago, phreeq said:

It seems that the iStarUSA drive docks were not properly supplying power to the drives.

Sometimes hot swap docks SEEM like the drive is fully inserted, but they need another couple mm of drive insertion to make good contact. It can be hard to know how much force to use, so try to get a view of the backplane while inserting the drive to see if it's bottoming out on the connector or not.