WOL not working new mobo

loady

I specifically bought an asus tuff b450 for its WOL features, its enabled in the bios but i cant wake up/start the server, im using an asus router running asus merlin, set the mac address. I know my set up used to work, i used to VPN into server remotley and could wake the server, doing it this way is the same as being inside the network and doing WOL, i cant even WOL when i am physically on the network. I have seen some threads about people saying to enable 'allow magic packets' in windows, im not using windows so cant do this but surely this should work on this level. Does anyone have a solution ?

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, loady said:

I specifically bought an asus tuff b450 for its WOL features, its enabled in the bios but i cant wake up/start the server, im using an asus router running asus merlin, set the mac address. I know my set up used to work, i used to VPN into server remotley and could wake the server, doing it this way is the same as being inside the network and doing WOL, i cant even WOL when i am physically on the network. I have seen some threads about people saying to enable 'allow magic packets' in windows, im not using windows so cant do this but surely this should work on this level. Does anyone have a solution ?

Did you ever figure this out? I have a Asus motherboard (Asus x99 deluxe II ) and have the WOL settings enabled in the bios but cant seem to get it to wake to start the server after a shutdown. Wondering if you ever got something figured out.

Thanks!