Tv share not working

Unraid, win 10 disk coping to tv share. Tv share starts at disk 5 fill up completed. Added disk 6 to tv share, stopped/started array, rebooted unraid twice.

Can't copy next win 10 disk to unraid disk 6 with tv share enabled on disk 5 and disk 6. Copying win 10 disk by disk onto unraid 1 disk at a time so i keep track of what disk shows go onto, so when unraid doesnt rebuild right i can goto win disk to Re-copy to unraid.

I'm coping 1 disk at a time,

Why won't unraid let me ??

Why can't i copy to disk 6 when its Enabled ??

Screenshot_2020-08-17 Karens Main.png

Screenshot_2020-08-17 Karens Share.png

karens-diagnostics-20200817-0750.zip

Annotation 2020-08-17 080111.png

Edited by x88dually
1 hour ago, remotevisitor said:

Split level trumps all disk selection methods.

You have set it to never split directories because you are manually going to create them.

So if the directory you are copying to only exists on disk 5 then it will not attempt to split it to another disk, causing disk 5 to fill up.

7 minutes ago, x88dually said:

How do i fix this ??

You have to either change the split level or manually create folders on disk6 for new TV share files.

did you see screenshots ?

Tryin to bring new tv shows from second win 10 drive to disk 6 on unraid. NOT trying to split directories for a specific tv folder thats on disk 5. Already worked around it. Original issue.

Heres new problem:

TV share is full on disk 5, and NOT going to disk 6.

Edited by x88dually

I know noting about linux world, unraid, i'm a windows guy. All this is greek to me.

so it matters to a different drive also ?

I dont want unraid splitting any directories. I will make things fit, almost exactly.

So unraid wont split a directory if i copy windows drive letter to unraids next free disk exactly, but it lets tv go onto next disk ?

what do i change it to ?

Edited by x88dually
10 minutes ago, x88dually said:

I know noting about linux world, unraid, i'm a windows guy.

I'm a windows guy also. This is about using Unraid, not the underlying linux OS.

1 minute ago, x88dually said:

so it matters to a different drive also ?

The split level setting is about a user share, not about a drive. In fact, the whole point of split level is to keep certain files together so they don't go to other drives.

For example, suppose you have a music collection, and you are old-school and like to listen to "albums". You are playing an album, and the first several songs are all on the same disk. So it plays the songs from that disk, but since the other disks aren't being used, they are spun down.

Now it gets ready to play the next song from the album, but that song has been allowed to be split to another disk. Since that other disk is spun down, you have to wait for it to spin up before the song can begin playing.

Same principle when binge-watching TV series. Some people will prefer to keep all the files for a specific TV series on the same disk so there is no spinup delay between episodes.

I don't care about split level, mostly because I have my whole music collection restricted to a single disk anyway, and I don't care about TV much. So for most user shares, I just set split level to allow splitting anything.

You have split level set so it WON'T split anything. Instead, you have told it that you will manually create new folders on other disks when you want files to go to other disks.

You can click on the label for any setting in the webUI to toggle help for that setting.

10 minutes ago, x88dually said:

what do i change it to ?

For simplicity, try changing it to "Automatically split any directory as required".