[REQUEST] locast2plex Docker

8 minutes ago, raujaku said:

The container just updated to v5.0.

You will need to create a config.ini file ( an example template is on the creators github) and you will need to map /app/config.ini to your created config.ini file to get it to work now.

Thanks, but there's no appdata folder for this docker, right?  Where is it stored then?

31 minutes ago, raujaku said:

You'll have to make one

Ok, I've made a new /appdata/locast2plex folder and added the config.ini to that folder.  How do I point the docker config in unraid to that folder?

The author is making updates to the github and dockerhub as we speak, I keep seeing updates in the unraid docker updates column.

11 minutes ago, Gbcue said:

Ok, I've made a new /appdata/locast2plex folder and added the config.ini to that folder.  How do I point the docker config in unraid to that folder?

The author is making updates to the github and dockerhub as we speak, I keep seeing updates in the unraid docker updates column.

remove all path,ports,vars

add var debug = yes

add new path for config file

container path: /app/config.ini  

Host Path: "wherever your config file is located"

remove and re add the tuner in plex.

• Thanks 1

Instructions on github docker page seems to be incorrect for the new version.

Required Contents of the file config.ini are.

[main]

locast_username=<locast username>

locast_password=<locast password>

plex_accessible_ip=<ip found in step 1>

Use locast_username and locast_password instead of username and password otherwise it will give error username not specified 

welp, i had it working just fine untill it updated. now i cant get the container to start. the logs just spit this out every time. 

Locast2Plex v0.5.2
Tuner count set to 3
No UUID found. Generating one now...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/main.py", line 331, in <module>
config_handler.set('main', 'uuid', DEVICE_UUID)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 396, in set
raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'main'

I'm still having issues. I created a folder in my appdata folder that contains a config.ini (i copied and pasted from the example on github and put it in mnt/user/appdata/locast2plex/.  and it is as follows:

[main]
locast_username=8888888
locast_password=8888888
plex_accessible_ip=192.168.1.15

#plex_accessible_port=6077
#bytes_per_read=1152000
#tuner_count=3
#uuid=<note: automaticially created if nonexistant>
#reporting_model=HDHR3-US
#reporting_firmware_name=hdhomerun3_atsc
#reporting_firmware_ver=20150826
#concurrent_listeners=10

when i go to add the path to point to that config file, I'm still not exactly sure what to put in each field. 

it is set to Path
name: ? (not sure what to put here)

container path: /app/config.ini

host path: mnt/user/appdata/locast2plex/

description; Config file location

This still isn't working for me. 

I am still having the "cant find main" issue.

Also, I am a novice when it comes to this, I'm still learning, but what does "container path" actually point to?

Edited by jamerperson
add additional information about issue

I got it working ladies and gentlemen!

I created a folder a folder "locast2plex" in appdata

I customized the config data from the github and then copied it to the appdata/locast2plex folder

I removed all the paths and variables from the locast2plex docker container.

Then i added 1 path variable.     

Name: Config

Container path:  /app/config.ini

Host Path:  /mnt/cache/appdata/locast2plex/config.ini

Access Mode:  Read/Write

Description:  Locast2Plex config.ini

*I had to set the Network type to Host

Came up with no issues.

Edited by Untamedgorilla
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Untamedgorilla said:

I customized the config data from the github and then copied it to the appdata/locast2plex folder

Came up with no issues.

adding the config.ini to the end of the "Host Path:  /mnt/cache/appdata/locast2plex" worked for me.

however i was having to route my locast2plex through another docker with VPN as im just outside the local DMA zone and cant acces it normally.

right now, while trying to route through the other docker it'll spit out a XML file on the IP address and locast2plex is routing its traffic through the VPN. even shows its running correctly in the logs, but it fails to find it through the plex DVR Setup menus. :(

Edited by strid3r21
formatting
On 8/31/2020 at 7:58 AM, Untamedgorilla said:

Came up with no issues.

Thanks that got it running again and I can add it and the channels to plex... however I still get the playback error trying to launch any channels.  It appears to timeout whenever I try to tune to any channel.  This has always happened and never worked for me.  Any ideas from anyone that has it working?

I've got a strange issue I can't seem to solve.

Originally had locast2plex working just fine with 3.x, updated to 5.x and it broke obviously. Had to delete the old tuner from plex.

Setup locast2plex 5.x the new way. It spits out the xml file on the ip address i have it set to. But when I try to add it to plex again it just gives me an error that there was an problem connecting the device.

I tried everything I could think of even going as far as to completely uninstalling both plex media manager and locast2plex. Both fresh installs. Same problem persist.

Then I setup a plex media server on my windows PC just to see if I could add the locast2plex tuner there..and that works! So it's not locast2plex that is the problem. There is something weird going on with plex media server on my unraid box. 

Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this odd behavior in plex?

Edited by strid3r21
Typo

I was having the same issue as strid3r21. I was having issues adding it to my plex install on my unraid docker. I had networking set to host and it was unable to add it. I changed my plex docker to use br0 like the locast2plex docker and I was able to add it without issue.

Edited by r3draid3r04
  • Like 1
On 8/31/2020 at 7:58 AM, Untamedgorilla said:

Came up with no issues.

Did all this but can't get the docker to launch.  Had no issues with the original setup and now with the new config i am stuck

From my logs:

Locast2Plex v0.5.2
Tuner count set to 3

Edited by Bobb18

got this working pretty easily

Not sure where everyone is at, but this is what your suppose to do:

Create an appdata folder: /mnt/user/appdata/locast2plex/

copy the config_sample.ini from the github owner and place it inside the above folder and rename it config.ini

Fix the config to your liking

In the docker container create a new path call it CONFIG

container path: /app/config/

host path: /mnt/user/appdata/locast2plex/

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, new problem.  Updated to the latest, deleted the tuner from Plex and re-added.  All I'm getting is a black screen.  Audio works fine.

Edit: Seems to happen to some channels, but not all channels. I try the channels not working directly on the Locast website and they don't load at all. So maybe it's a Locast problem?

Edited by Gbcue
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the newest version of locast2plex 5.3 to work on my unraid 6.8.3. I followed the guide that Untamedgorilla posted. I set my network interface to Custom br0 with a static IP on my network and pointed plex at that IP. I shared my appdata folder on my local network and navigated to it using windows explorer and created the locast2plex folder and saved the config.ini file there. Then I followed Untamedgorilla's path setup and it worked fine. If you are struggling for whatever reason to get versions of 5.x of locast to plex to work you can force v4.2 to install via tgorg/locast2plex:0.4.2 in your repository setting for the locast to plex docker. My docker updated and broke things a while back and I forced the docker to that version until I decided to try v5.3 today.

config.ini github: https://github.com/tgorgdotcom/locast2plex/blob/master/config_example.ini

common issues: https://github.com/tgorgdotcom/locast2plex/wiki/Troubleshooting-and-Common-Issues

docker path to config.ini: /app/config.ini <--> /app/config.ini/mnt/user/appdata/locast2plex/config.ini

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 9:51 AM, Bobb18 said:

Did all this but can't get the docker to launch.  Had no issues with the original setup and now with the new config i am stuck

From my logs:

Locast2Plex v0.5.2
Tuner count set to 3

the path should be /app/config/config.ini

also I had to add override_zipcode= and add your zipcode or else the program crapped out using a SSL error when trying to use ip based location. worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 2:23 PM, ri4162 said:

the path should be /app/config/config.ini

also I had to add override_zipcode= and add your zipcode or else the program crapped out using a SSL error when trying to use ip based location. worked for me.

Looks like I'm really close, with no errors on container start and the Tuner shows up in Plex and starts through the setup process including scanning and returning channels, but when I try to save my channel list it gives me:

There was a problem saving your DVR. Please try again.

Maybe I need the zip override.  Can you tell me where to add this?  Config.ini or docker variables?

Edited by BurntOC
13 minutes ago, BurntOC said:

Added it into config.ini and I can see from the logs that switches it from ip-based location finding just fine.  Unfortunately I still can't save DVR in Plex.  I've tried LA broadcast OTA, which is what it selects first, and also Locast LA OTA and both error out.

It sounds like you have more of an issue with plex, than with this docker. You may want to check with the plex support forums either here or on plex

• Like 1
Just now, ppunraid said:

It sounds like you have more of an issue with plex, than with this docker. You may want to check with the plex support forums either here or on plex

I think you're right.  I did delete the uuid in the config.ini and I also added the port to the ip entry so that I had 192.168.100.15:6077 vs just the IP even though I'm using the default port.  I'm not sure if that helped, but I went back into Plex, readded the tuner, and for the LA Broadcast I just selected the 12 or so HD channels I cared about and it finished successfully.