macOS Catalina w/ Vega 64 - no display on monitors

Hi!

So, long story short, my MacPro died unexpectedly, and I needed a new workstation Right Now, and after some frustrations with bare metal hackintosh, I found unraid and it was pretty easy (with some help from Space Invader One's videos) to get set up and running with a Dell Precision T7610 w/ 2x e5-2680 v2 CPUs.

Things were great, I was running macos High Sierra 10.13, and then bought an AMD Vega 64, and had the great idea of upgrading to Catalina!

Because I'm here, you can imagine how that went.

So (I have the problem of the Vega 64 not working on VM reboot, so that exacerbates the problem, but) the main problem is that it doesn't actually display out on the monitors - the VNC server is still running, and I can log in, but under About This Mac, the graphics line is missing, but it is under the System Report, however, the monitors aren't there, and it only lists a built-in monitor at 1280x1024.  fwiw, the machine shows up as a late 2013 imac 27" :-/

The frustrating thing is that 10.14 works normally...  I'm a little hesitant to start over with the Macina from Space Invader One because I feel like this ought to be something I can make work X-D

A little about my background - I'm fairly new to unraid, but am quite familiar with Linux.

1113996228_ScreenShot2020-08-19at8_40_15PM.thumb.png.6de628a0a651fe24e701ae4017895f21.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.41.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.40.43 PM.png

Edited by IronRooster
added screenshots