Hardware Transcoding /w Emby (Solved)

Go to solution Solved by HellDiverUK,

Hey unraiders!

Trying to get my M2000 quadro working with emby, and having some issues it seems. 

I followed - https://forums.unraid.net/topic/77813-plugin-linuxserverio-unraid-nvidia/ - and had easy success with plex. 

Checking watch nvidia-smi from a terminal shows plex using it. Emby.... not so much...!

Under Emby settings I expected to see my GPU listed as shown in the tutorial, but no dice.

Any help greatly appreciated. TIA!

Edit:

Solved by updating to EmbyServerBeta (from Emby)

pic1.png.f2106fdfb1a8951adf6ffb3a9b58234b.pngpic2.png.4a2b90353c7b63f23adab240c614105a.png

Edited by tbonedude420
1 minute ago, HellDiverUK said:

If you're using the linuxserver Emby install, it's exactly the same as Plex.  Can confirm it works fine (I'm using a much shittier GTX1050 to good effect).

Glad to know others are having success (Rages inside!) bwahaha. I was hoping it was just as easy.... Maybe check over my config settings? Like you said, it was exactly the same I thought.... 🙄

pic3.thumb.png.663f899d7e54a33a4ab0a26c57d933eb.pngpic4.thumb.png.326103cfccc23bd31ef1650af2a935b7.png

Looks fine to me, did you remember to add the --runtime=nvidia variable in extra parameters?

I was hoping it was something that trivial... no dice :(

The worrying part is I should see them listed as shown in the tutorial...(mine pictured above) has two blank spaces :( :( 

pic7.png.98728085c8616ec7400f7f322d7d9b6b.png

Can I console into Emby? ... (goes to test)

image.png.edb25e658989c43c81670770f07dc5a8.png

I'd try the linuxserver version, rather than bixhex.

Good suggestion. Wanted to try the beta version anyway, so ill just test both and report back. My hope is its just not a supported GPU on the regular version, and it has been added in more recent updates/distros. 

On that note, Is there any commands I could/should type out to show more info? lspci only shows its passed to the container, not necessarily used. 

• Solution
Just now, tbonedude420 said:

Good suggestion. Wanted to try the beta version anyway, so ill just test both and report back. My hope is its just not a supported GPU on the regular version, and it has been added in more recent updates/distros. 

On that note, Is there any commands I could/should type out to show more info? lspci only shows its passed to the container, not necessarily used. 

To be honest, I don't know, because it's always just worked for me, both using nvidia and Intel Quicksync using the i915 driver.  Hopefully someone else can help.

• Like 1