accessible, but lost internet?

hi!

something has gone awry and i'm not sure where to start looking.

system comprises of docker containers for  NZBGET/Sonarr/Plex/Homebridge/Shinobi-pro/couchpotato/tautulli.

everything has been working fine till it seems, some point last night.

NZBGET - cannot resolve with hostname and cannot download

Sonarr - cannot connect out to NZBGET or connect to indexers

Plex - works fine and can connect remotely == but has IP issue as per attached screeenshot.

Homebridge - loads, but i cannot control any devices that homebridge based but i can view the homebridge cameras. the log says "failed to check registry.npmjs.org"

i know it was working as the outside lights that come on at sunset through homebridge were on when i came home at 3am this morning. [they ususally scheduled for off at 1am] 

everything loads, but seems have lost internet. 

any advice on where look first?

edit - my windows10 VM hasn't started and won't start has the error br0. Went into it settings and pressed save. It now loads the VM but unable to get an IP. 

edit - attached diagnostics.zip

edit edit - plex screenshot - showing no IP

2020-08-23.png

br0.png

server-diagnostics-20200823-0944.zip

Edited by Jammy B
4 hours ago, testdasi said:

Your diagnostics only has log from 9:19 am today i.e. you rebooted?

You have a bond of 4 eth into a bridge and it looks to me like some of the eth aren't reliable. I would suggest to simplify things instead e.g. do you really need 4 eth bond?

hi,

yeah I rebooted it thinking something was glitching. 

i didn't realise that 4eth had bonded, i can see two of them called shim-br0 which i thought might be do with Shinobi. i deleted the Shinobi container but the shim-br0 are still there in network settings. so not really sure what they are.

3 hours ago, Jammy B said:

Forgive me. But I don’t know if i need it. 

what would I be using it for?

See quoted post below for more info.

• If you don't have docker with custom IP then you don't need it.
  • If you have docker with custom IP but on a different bridge from Unraid (e.g. Unraid on br0, docker on br1) then you don't need it.
  • If you have docker with custom IP on the same bridge as Unraid AND you need Unraid to connect to that docker (e.g. Pi-hole) then you need it.

Considering you have 4 eth, you can very certainly have a separate bridge for any docker with custom IP.

18 hours ago, testdasi said:

See quoted post below for more info.

• If you don't have docker with custom IP then you don't need it.
  • If you have docker with custom IP but on a different bridge from Unraid (e.g. Unraid on br0, docker on br1) then you don't need it.
  • If you have docker with custom IP on the same bridge as Unraid AND you need Unraid to connect to that docker (e.g. Pi-hole) then you need it.

Considering you have 4 eth, you can very certainly have a separate bridge for any docker with custom IP.

thanks for the advice, i only have 2eth connections. not sure what the others are. i will deactivate the setting for now.