Unraid Hanging/Not responding [6.8.3]

This has happened twice in the past 2 weeks (or so), the server goes offline, doesn't appear on my network, can't ping it, can't login, and when I turn on the monitor I have attached to it just shows a plain old blank black screen.

First time I just rebooted and went about my day (wrote it off to a storm we had earlier), it just did it again last night (Saturday) and I had to do a hard shutdown and I have left it off, hoping to fiddle with it tomorrow (Monday) when I work the night shift.

Where's the best place to start to see if this is hardware related or if Unraid itself is hanging? I understand that logs are stored in the ram, so having to do a hard shutdown won't keep any logs...

Server has regularly been on for months at a time and not had an issue, this seems to be a new thing I get to deal with....

Help?

• 1 month later...

OK, I am back. I ran memtest for 3 days and had no errors, and it has been running fine until I tried to access it today (been working tons) and it was offline. Box is powered on, ethernet is still active, but I cannot access the server remotely, and when I turn on the attached monitor, its a black screen.

the last line in the saved log is

Sep 22 08:21:59 MediaServer root:  issuing standby command

Then it goes through the boot sequence as I hard to do a hard power reset.

I have no idea where to go from here. I have also attached my diagnostics as @trurl suggested. I was waiting to see if it happened again and have some logs before brining this thread back to life.

Hardware issue? Software? Any ideas?

mediaserver-diagnostics-20200928-1445.zip

syslog-192.168.0.110 crash.txt

Edited by I_TheRenegade_I
9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Don't see any errors logged, you can try running the server in safe mode without dockers/VMs for a few days, if it crashes like that it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning the services on one by one.

The only docker I am running is Emby. And no VMs.

I guess it must be a hardware issue... that's what I was worried about...