[SOLVED] Too many authentication failures [preauth]

je82

Today i accidentally filled my cache and docker crashed, but it appears unraid is acting strangely now when i attempt to connect via SSH to it, but ONLY when i use a particular SSH client, regular putty works fine.

My first attempt to remove the blockage by restarting sshd

rc.sshd restart

Still blocked.

----------------------------------------

Second attempt was trying to completely re-install SSH client, and remove the previous cached data and certificates

Aug 26 13:50:52 NAS sshd[21969]: Disconnecting authenticating user root 1.1.1.2 port 52666: Too many authentication failures [preauth]

Still blocked..

-------------------------------------

Third attempt, checking the iptables if there's any entry that blocks me?

root@NAS:~# iptables -L INPUT -v -n
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 414 packets, 44405 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Looks empty..

So what exactly is blocking me from accessing the unraid installation? I am confused if the issue is client side or server side or a mixture of both. Installing the particular SSH client with the same cached keys and config but with a different ip on another computer lets me access unraid via ssh so my idea is still that there's something on the unraid side blocking me but it cannot be a specific ip block because my ip can access the instalation via another ssh client.

I'm thinking specific fingerprint from the particular ssh client is somehow blocked in unraid, but where?

Any ideas are welcome

Edited by je82

Just confirmed, the error above has nothing to do with unraid, it was the latest build of RDM having some type of bug which apparently doesn't happen on all systems because i run the same version on another machine and there's no problem there.

Issue solved.