[Support] FunnyPocketBook - Firefly-III (deprecated)

On 4/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, Camilo said:

Thank you for your reply! Sorry, but it has been a busy week over here. How can I change the container path? Do I have to use the console for the container and look for a specific file? I tried to look for more info, but I couldn't find anything related :(.

------

My bad. I had to click the edit button in the container, specifically in the Upload_Path. I was over complicating things. After doing that, I don't see any files so it means I lost everything I uploaded. In my case, it doesn't really matter as I keep a backup. Any suggestions for future update to avoid this issue?

The data loss here is actually my fault, nothing you could have done if you aren't always reading the release changes of Firefly. I misread the changelogs for an update back in... October? I think and didn't adjust the container paths accordingly in the template

1 hour ago, FunnyPocketBook said:

The data loss here is actually my fault, nothing you could have done if you aren't always reading the release changes of Firefly. I misread the changelogs for an update back in... October? I think and didn't adjust the container paths accordingly in the template

No worries. I also installed CA&Backup to have a backup of my appdata folder. I appreciate your work, so no hard feelings over here.

• 1 month later...

Hm this looks good!

When checking out dockerhub (I always roughly check what containers contain) and I noticed:

image.thumb.png.aa500351bbd2af71a895052a0c033164.png

So what is the plan? Can I still use the unraid template and then edit it to fireflyiii/core? Why not change the template now to prevent confusion?

I found this docker to be rather easy to install.

Only problem I have is some aspects of firefly  will require a cron job which is way out of my element.

Are you able to help me in the right direction as I have zero idea about cronjobs.

Regards

Edited by JWMutant
On 6/19/2021 at 3:26 AM, JWMutant said:

I found this docker to be rather easy to install.

Only problem I have is some aspects of firefly  will require a cron job which is way out of my element.

Are you able to help me in the right direction as I have zero idea about cronjobs.

Regards

You can use the User Scripts plugin and then add the comments to run there. For example I run my nextcloud cron every 5 minutes with this as script

docker exec -u www-data Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

So you docker exec (then optionally the user) then the name of the container and last the command you want to run

• Thanks 1
On 6/22/2021 at 3:18 AM, mattie112 said:

You can use the User Scripts plugin and then add the comments to run there. For example I run my nextcloud cron every 5 minutes with this as script

docker exec -u www-data Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

So you docker exec (then optionally the user) then the name of the container and last the command you want to run

Thanks for posting something I can look at.

So in this case for this app would it be 

docker exec -u www-data firefly-iii php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

Or would t be 

docker exec -u www-data firefly-iii php -f /var/www/html/firefly-iii:cron

The info they give Here assumes someone knows about cron.

Again thanks very much for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting this as their page? I didn't know about the repo move until today. I decided to just remove my image and get the latest but I still get this as my page. I didn't know if it was due to the template, the repo, or just me.

EDIT: Apparently this was a cached data issue. I cleared my cache and cookies and I was able to access the site again.

image.png.446e140904e8c69f6072f3734e927955.png

Edited by coldwar7
19 hours ago, coldwar7 said:

Is anyone else getting this as their page? I didn't know about the repo move until today. I decided to just remove my image and get the latest but I still get this as my page. I didn't know if it was due to the template, the repo, or just me.

EDIT: Apparently this was a cached data issue. I cleared my cache and cookies and I was able to access the site again.

I am experiencing the same issue, but emptying browser cache and cookies didn't help. Also tried opening it from incognito mode in browser and still with same issue.

Did you do any other steps beside clearing browser cache and cookies?

EDIT:

I've just edited the docker and replaced Repository from jc5x/firefly-iii:latest to fireflyiii/core:latest

After hitting the apply button everything was back to normal :)

Edited by nikola
On 3/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, spyd4r said:

I set DB_HOST yet it keeps defaulting to localhost. Same in latest and beta.

Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'firefly'@'Firefly-III.br0' (using password: YES) (SQL: select `id`, `name`, `data` from `configuration` where `name` = is_demo_site and `configuration`.`deleted_at` is null limit 1)

Having the same issue as spyd4r. Altough instead "Firefly-III.br0" it looks for my Database at 172.17.0.1 (Access denied for user 'firefly'@'172.17.0.1')

I'm also using MariaDB and setup the Database and User on there accordingly. Why is it using this loacal adress of 172.17.0.1 ? In the template I've filled in that my MariaDB sits at "192.168.203.5", which is also the ip of the unraid server. Same as I've done it with other Docker Images that I connected to MariaDb, like nextcloud or Lychee.

On 8/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, coldwar7 said:

I have the same problem too.

Hello,

Thanks for the image and your work guys! I (kind of a newbie) managed to launch it. The only problem I have now, is that I can't change the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY. In the settings (inside firefly) it says that "For a language other than English to work properly, your operating system must be equipped with the correct locale-information. If these are not present, currency data, dates and amounts may be formatted wrong."

I have really tried to make it work ... googled dozens of forums, but the solutions written there aren't working when I open the firefly console and try to use them. The solution, which should have worked is:

RUN apt-get install -y locales locales-all

ENV LC_ALL en_US.UTF-8

ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8

ENV LANGUAGE en_US.UTF-8

(Here I would just change the language I want for example en_GB.UTF-8, or de_DE

but i get an error message when i run "apt-get install -y locales locales-all":

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package locales-all is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'locales-all' has no installation candidate

I've googled it, and the reason seems to be a missing universe repository. The command to activate it, doesn't really work: "add-apt-repository universe"

sh: 9: add-apt-repository: not found

At the moment I'm stuck at:

Command: locale

Output:
LANG=
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

and

command: 
locale -a

Result:
C
C.UTF-8
POSIX
bg_BG.utf8
cs_CZ.utf8
de_DE.utf8
el_GR.utf8
en_GB.utf8
en_US.utf8
es_ES.utf8
fi_FI.utf8
fr_FR.utf8
hu_HU.utf8
it_IT.utf8
lt_LT.utf8
nb_NO.utf8
nl_NL.utf8
pl_PL.utf8
pt_BR.utf8
pt_PT.utf8
ro_RO.utf8
ru_RU.utf8
sk_SK.utf8
sv_SE.utf8
vi_VN.utf8
zh_CN.utf8
zh_TW.utf8

Which, as much as I've read on the internet, means, that no locale is set in this docker container.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks

Edited by Doublemyst
adding information

Hey son_goolong and maybe spyd4r

I don't know if this will help, but I had to set it up like this (in console of MariaDB) in order to let firefly access the firefly-SQL-DB:

GRANT ALL privileges ON `FIREFLYDBNAME-HERE`.* TO 'YOURFIREFLYUSER-HERE'@'%';

As much as I undertand it, and I don't really, with this command your firefly-db-user will be able to access those fireflytables from any local network address. I think (not sure) it is because the firefly container has a different internal IP as the maria db and mariadb is blocking this request, as the IP is not the same as in marias container ... Maybe someone with actual knowledge can explain it better :D. But long story short, the "%" in the command is for any local IP.

I hope this helps (I think it will help son_goolong, as I had similar errors, but not sure about spyd4r)

Edited by Doublemyst
Paraphrase
  • Thanks 1
On 8/19/2021 at 9:59 AM, Doublemyst said:

GRANT ALL privileges ON `FIREFLYDBNAME-HERE`.* TO 'YOURFIREFLYUSER-HERE'@'%';

I hope this helps (I think it will help son_goolong, as I had similar errors, but not sure about spyd4r)

Thank you so much, Doublemyst, that did the trick. Initially I got a different error, an SSL error, but I was able to get rid of it by adding the password to the command, like I learned from Spaceinvader in his nextcloud tutorial.

GRANT ALL privileges ON `FIREFLYDBNAME-HERE`.* TO 'YOURFIREFLYUSER-HERE'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD-HERE';

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to exploring the App :)

Edited by son_goolong
spelling mistake
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, WorldTeacher said:

In my Docker install, the default is labeled as v1, should I change this?

Or could I possibly break anything by changing it to v2?

v2 is under heavy development and has quite a few features missing. V1 is "not supported" as in no changes are happening there anymore but IMO it's still the version to use if you don't want to bother with bugs and missing features

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, FunnyPocketBook said:

v2 is under heavy development and has quite a few features missing. V1 is "not supported" as in no changes are happening there anymore but IMO it's still the version to use if you don't want to bother with bugs and missing features

Thanks for the fast reply ^^
I have another question:
I'm trying to set-up the mail using mailgun (with it's api, not the smtp), but can't get it to work, I set it up using the MAILGUN_DOMAIN etc as written on the docs, but none of the mails reach my mail.
Do you have any ideas, or should I switch to a different way of doing it, like sendmail (what would the settings be for this one?)?
Any help is appreciated

So I've now changed over to sendmail, but I can't seem to be able to send emails.
Every time I try to send an email, I get an error "Expected response code 220 but got an empty response"
What do I need to input in the APP_URL, or do I have to set some settings?
I have MAIL_MAILER=sendmail,MAIL_HOST=smtp.gmail.com, MAIL_PORT=587, [email protected], [email protected], MAIL_ENCRYPTION=ssl filled out
Am I missing anything?

• FunnyPocketBook changed the title to [Support] FunnyPocketBook - Firefly-III (deprecated)