[Support] FunnyPocketBook - Firefly-III (deprecated)

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, TheOriginalBox said:

I cant seem to get the docker to allow me to change the port. Even though I set it to something different in the settings it still defaults to 8080.

Have you followed this step already? Also, meinnamehier reported that the same issue got fixed after an array restart or a reboot.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:27 PM, FunnyPocketBook said:

It appears that the Firefly-III CSV Importer saves the URI somewhere internally and doesn't look at the environment variable anymore once it's set. When I changed the URI to something invalid, it still pointed to the old, correct URI.

In the CSV Importer WebUI, have you already clicked "Reauthenticate"? Clicking that fixed the issue for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 7:55 AM, FunnyPocketBook said:

@jpheld You need to change the container port from 80 to 8080, then it will work again. Thanks for bringing this issue up, this wasn't documented in the release notes of csv-importer.

I've pushed the changes, though it may take a few hours until the changes are updated in the CA

Answered my own question.  The spectre-importer has the same issue.  Changing the container port and WebUI port from 80 to 8080 fixed the issue. Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I set DB_HOST yet it keeps defaulting to localhost. Same in latest and beta.

Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'firefly'@'Firefly-III.br0' (using password: YES) (SQL: select `id`, `name`, `data` from `configuration` where `name` = is_demo_site and `configuration`.`deleted_at` is null limit 1)

Edited by spyd4r
56 minutes ago, spyd4r said:

I set DB_HOST yet it keeps defaulting to localhost. Same in latest and beta.

Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'firefly'@'Firefly-III.br0' (using password: YES) (SQL: select `id`, `name`, `data` from `configuration` where `name` = is_demo_site and `configuration`.`deleted_at` is null limit 1)

Did you create the firefly user and set a password?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, first I want to thank you the people behind the docker version of Firefly III. I've been using it for three months so far and I loved the fact that I can also attach the receipts of most of my transactions. However, I can't recall from what version I'm having the following issue. When I try to open an attachment uploaded from a previous version I get error 500, but if I attach the a receipt in the current version I can access it with no problem at all. It seems to be that all the attachments from previous versions are under this error 500. As I'm not literate enough, I'll provide as much data as possible:

1. Screenshot of the error is attached.

2. Log of a successful receipt that I can access:

192.168.3.201 - - [20/Apr/2021:00:19:02 -0400] "GET /attachments/view/37 HTTP/1.1" 200 147085 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0"

3. Log of a receipt that gives me an error:

[2021-04-20 00:16:28] local.ERROR: Exception is: {"class":"FireflyIII\\Exceptions\\FireflyException","errorMessage":"Could not find the indicated attachment. The file is no longer there.","time":"Tue, 20 Apr 2021 00:16:28 -0400","file":"\/var\/www\/html\/app\/Http\/Controllers\/AttachmentController.php","line":247,"code":0,"version":"5.5.8","url":"http:\/\/192.168.3.220:9090\/attachments\/view\/32","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko\/20100101 Firefox\/87.0","json":true}
[2021-04-20 00:16:28] local.ERROR: Exception when mailing: Mailer [] is not defined.
[2021-04-20 00:16:28] local.ERROR: Could not find the indicated attachment. The file is no longer there. {"userId":1,"exception":"[object] (FireflyIII\\Exceptions\\FireflyException(code: 0): Could not find the indicated attachment. The file is no longer there. at /var/www/html/app/Http/Controllers/AttachmentController.php:247)

Any suggestion or comment is going to be appreciated

Thank you!

SNAG-0363.png

Hey @Camilo

It sounds like you had a < 5.4.0 version installed before you updated to the new version.

The container path for newer versions for UPLOAD_PATH is `/var/www/html/storage/upload` instead of `/var/www/firefly-iii/storage/upload`. Updating to a newer version without updating the path may result in a data loss. You should check your host path `/mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/upload/` if the old attachments are still there. If they are, make a backup of them and then update the UPLOAD_PATH to `/var/www/html/storage/upload`. This should preserve your previously uploaded attachments. If not, then I'm terribly sorry, but your attachments might be lost for good :/

Edited by FunnyPocketBook
4 hours ago, FunnyPocketBook said:

Hey @Camilo

It sounds like you had a < 5.4.0 version installed before you updated to the new version.

The container path for newer versions for UPLOAD_PATH is `/var/www/html/storage/upload` instead of `/var/www/firefly-iii/storage/upload`. Updating to a newer version without updating the path may result in a data loss. You should check your host path `/mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/upload/` if the old attachments are still there. If they are, make a backup of them and then update the UPLOAD_PATH to `/var/www/html/storage/upload`. This should preserve your previously uploaded attachments. If not, then I'm terribly sorry, but your attachments might be lost for good :/

Thank you for your assistance @FunnyPocketBook. I did have a a previous version installed before, so I believe than can be the problem. I tried to look for the attachments in my host path (`/mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/upload/`) but I think I'm doing something wrong as there are no files in there, even new PDFs attached a couple of hours ago (see the image below). Btw, I don't mind loosing the attachments as I also use Paperless-ng (another nice app from here) for backing up PDF. However, I'd like to avoid this issue in the future.

Thank you for your comments!

SNAG-0364.png

8 minutes ago, Camilo said:

Thank you for your assistance @FunnyPocketBook. I did have a a previous version installed before, so I believe than can be the problem. I tried to look for the attachments in my host path (`/mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/upload/`) but I think I'm doing something wrong as there are no files in there, even new PDFs attached a couple of hours ago (see the image below). Btw, I don't mind loosing the attachments as I also use Paperless-ng (another nice app from here) for backing up PDF. However, I'd like to avoid this issue in the future.

Thank you for your comments!

SNAG-0364.png

Did you change the container path for UPLOAD_PATH to /var/www/html/storage/upload and after restarting upload the files?

You have to do that, otherwise the files won't be stored in /mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/upload/

On 4/20/2021 at 11:05 AM, FunnyPocketBook said:

Did you change the container path for UPLOAD_PATH to /var/www/html/storage/upload and after restarting upload the files?

You have to do that, otherwise the files won't be stored in /mnt/user/appdata/firefly-iii/upload/

Thank you for your reply! Sorry, but it has been a busy week over here. How can I change the container path? Do I have to use the console for the container and look for a specific file? I tried to look for more info, but I couldn't find anything related :(.

------

My bad. I had to click the edit button in the container, specifically in the Upload_Path. I was over complicating things. After doing that, I don't see any files so it means I lost everything I uploaded. In my case, it doesn't really matter as I keep a backup. Any suggestions for future update to avoid this issue?

Edited by Camilo
Found the option
  • FunnyPocketBook changed the title to [Support] FunnyPocketBook - Firefly-III (deprecated)