[Support] FunnyPocketBook - Firefly-III


64 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 4/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, Camilo said:

Thank you for your reply! Sorry, but it has been a busy week over here. How can I change the container path? Do I have to use the console for the container and look for a specific file? I tried to look for more info, but I couldn't find anything related :(.

------

My bad. I had to click the edit button in the container, specifically in the Upload_Path. I was over complicating things. After doing that, I don't see any files so it means I lost everything I uploaded. In my case, it doesn't really matter as I keep a backup. Any suggestions for future update to avoid this issue?

The data loss here is actually my fault, nothing you could have done if you aren't always reading the release changes of Firefly. I misread the changelogs for an update back in... October? I think and didn't adjust the container paths accordingly in the template

Link to post
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let you know that the docker icon link no longer goes anywhere. So there is no icon when installed. I changed the image to: https://www.firefly-iii.org/assets/logo/color.png which worke

@Menthalo I somehow forgot the port mapping in the spectre container, sorry and thanks for reporting! Once the CA has updated the templates, it should be fixed. If you need it right now, you can

@Menthalo The way Firefly-III is configured when using Docker(file) is by setting the environment variables. If you were to host it with a LAMP stack, you would directly edit the .env file, but in our

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FunnyPocketBook said:

The data loss here is actually my fault, nothing you could have done if you aren't always reading the release changes of Firefly. I misread the changelogs for an update back in... October? I think and didn't adjust the container paths accordingly in the template

No worries. I also installed CA&Backup to have a backup of my appdata folder. I appreciate your work, so no hard feelings over here.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Hm this looks good!

 

When checking out dockerhub (I always roughly check what containers contain) and I noticed:

 

image.thumb.png.aa500351bbd2af71a895052a0c033164.png

 

So what is the plan? Can I still use the unraid template and then edit it to fireflyiii/core? Why not change the template now to prevent confusion?

Link to post
1 hour ago, FunnyPocketBook said:

@mattie112 I saw the changes but I'm on vacation/without a computer until tomorrow, so I couldn't update the template yet. Will do as soon as I come back though!

I did not know that it was so 'fresh' :) But thanks! Was planning on trying it out this weekend.

Link to post

I found this docker to be rather easy to install.

Only problem I have is some aspects of firefly  will require a cron job which is way out of my element.

Are you able to help me in the right direction as I have zero idea about cronjobs.

 

Regards

Edited by JWMutant
Link to post
On 6/19/2021 at 3:26 AM, JWMutant said:

I found this docker to be rather easy to install.

Only problem I have is some aspects of firefly  will require a cron job which is way out of my element.

Are you able to help me in the right direction as I have zero idea about cronjobs.

 

Regards

 

You can use the User Scripts plugin and then add the comments to run there. For example I run my nextcloud cron every 5 minutes with this as script

 

docker exec -u www-data Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

 

So you docker exec (then optionally the user) then the name of the container and last the command you want to run

Link to post
On 6/22/2021 at 3:18 AM, mattie112 said:

 

You can use the User Scripts plugin and then add the comments to run there. For example I run my nextcloud cron every 5 minutes with this as script

 


docker exec -u www-data Nextcloud php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

 

So you docker exec (then optionally the user) then the name of the container and last the command you want to run

Thanks for posting something I can look at.

 

So in this case for this app would it be 

Quote

docker exec -u www-data firefly-iii php -f /var/www/html/cron.php

 Or would t be 

Quote

docker exec -u www-data firefly-iii php -f /var/www/html/firefly-iii:cron

 

The info they give Here assumes someone knows about cron.

 

Again thanks very much for the help.

Link to post

It will be (see "Cron jobs in Docker" on that page)

 

docker exec --user www-data <container> /usr/local/bin/php /var/www/html/artisan firefly-iii:cron

 

Just confirm the name of the container in your Unraid

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting this as their page? I didn't know about the repo move until today. I decided to just remove my image and get the latest but I still get this as my page. I didn't know if it was due to the template, the repo, or just me.

 

EDIT: Apparently this was a cached data issue. I cleared my cache and cookies and I was able to access the site again.

 

image.png.446e140904e8c69f6072f3734e927955.png

Edited by coldwar7
Link to post
19 hours ago, coldwar7 said:

Is anyone else getting this as their page? I didn't know about the repo move until today. I decided to just remove my image and get the latest but I still get this as my page. I didn't know if it was due to the template, the repo, or just me.

 

EDIT: Apparently this was a cached data issue. I cleared my cache and cookies and I was able to access the site again.

 

image.png.446e140904e8c69f6072f3734e927955.png

 

I am experiencing the same issue, but emptying browser cache and cookies didn't help. Also tried opening it from incognito mode in browser and still with same issue.

 

Did you do any other steps beside clearing browser cache and cookies?

 

EDIT:

I've just edited the docker and replaced Repository from jc5x/firefly-iii:latest to fireflyiii/core:latest

After hitting the apply button everything was back to normal :)

 

Edited by nikola
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.