[SUPPORT] testdasi repo

For those installing this through the unRaid app tab, you may encounter the dashboards being blank and the Docker Logs saying something about the Influxdb.exe not being installed.

As another user mentioned, the problem is in the influx setup.

How I Fixed It:

1. Launch a Docker Terminal (in unRAID, click the docker's icon -> Console )
  2. Verify issue, type cmd: 
    1. /static-ubuntu/grafana-unraid-stack/healthcheck.sh
    2. You should see "Executable /usr/bin/influxd does not exist!"  -- if you do, proceed.
  3. Go to /data directory -->
    cd /data

4. Download the corrected install script ( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kylek29/misc_code/main/unRAID/Grafana-Unraid-Stack/fix_influxdb_2023.sh ) with this command: 
    curl -sOL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kylek29/misc_code/main/unRAID/Grafana-Unraid-Stack/fix_influxdb_2023.sh

5. Give it execution permissions:
    chmod +x fix_influxdb_2023.sh
  6. Execute the script. 
    ./fix_influxdb_2023.sh

7. Verify error is gone.
    /static-ubuntu/grafana-unraid-stack/healthcheck.sh

Now go to the admin dashboard and verify it's receiving data. If you go to the your datasources section -> influxdb -> bottom, "test" button --> it should say "datasource is working" now.

*EDIT* That didn't last long. I decided to do a completely fresh install to test the above instructions one more time (complete with purged image, etc.), this time it didn't work. Data doesn't come through. Using the old image tag mentioned earlier does seem to work: testdasi/grafana-unraid-stack:s230122

If I figure out the missing step I did when I got it completely working with the :latest image, I'll update this post.

Edited by KyleK29

Alright, got it working again with a forked image. If anyone else wants to try (I do recommend spinning up a different copy, just for testing purposes). All you have to do is swap the repository of the GUS package / Docker container to this (right-click the Docker Containers Icon --> Edit --> find "repository"): 

kylek29/grafana-unraid-stack-2023:latest

That is a new forked image, which adds additional layers to the grafana-unraid-stack image by testdasi. Changes made:

• Add a new install script that will install the new apt-key certs from Grafana/Influxdb, then reinstall latest InfluxDb/Telegraf, and perform clean up.
  • Added tweaks to the healthcheck command so that it fires every 30seconds and will wait 30seconds for the machine to start (I noticed it often failed with the original images 0s parameters).
  • Fixed a bug where the healthcheck status would fail and not detect the Grafana Server pid. It will now display the proper statuses of starting, healthy, and unhealthy.
  • Fixed an issue where Tini (init handler) was failing.

To look at the code and Dockerfile, see here: https://github.com/kylek29/misc_code/tree/main/unRAID/Grafana-Unraid-Stack

For general usage, see the original post. This is just a fix layer.

Edited by KyleK29
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
On 5/15/2023 at 11:24 PM, KyleK29 said:

Alright, got it working again with a forked image. If anyone else wants to try (I do recommend spinning up a different copy, just for testing purposes). All you have to do is swap the repository of the GUS package / Docker container to this (right-click the Docker Containers Icon --> Edit --> find "repository"): 

That is a new forked image, which adds additional layers to the grafana-unraid-stack image by testdasi. Changes made:

• Add a new install script that will install the new apt-key certs from Grafana/Influxdb, then reinstall latest InfluxDb/Telegraf, and perform clean up.
  • Added tweaks to the healthcheck command so that it fires every 30seconds and will wait 30seconds for the machine to start (I noticed it often failed with the original images 0s parameters).
  • Fixed a bug where the healthcheck status would fail and not detect the Grafana Server pid. It will now display the proper statuses of starting, healthy, and unhealthy.

To look at the code and Dockerfile, see here: https://github.com/kylek29/misc_code/tree/main/unRAID/Grafana-Unraid-Stack

This works so if possible if this could be merged with the “official release”

On 5/15/2023 at 11:24 PM, KyleK29 said:

Does the influxdb have a usename and password set?

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 12:12 PM, Lee B said:

Does the influxdb have a usename and password set?

+1

EDIT:

I found a work-around by adding another user, I don't think it is the best solution, but it works...

on the running container, click on the "Grafana-Unraid-Stack" icon, and select "Console"

write the command "influx"

in the influx console (inside the HUS-console) write the following command: CREATE USER <username> WITH PASSWORD '<password>' WITH ALL PRIVILEGES

then the command "exit"

then the command "exit" again

done!

Source: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.8/administration/authentication_and_authorization/#user-management-commands

I hope it can help. :)

Edited by Alphahelix
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, testdasi said:

The most frequent mistake is missing credentials (i.e. login).

Create a file e.g. login.txt with exactly 2 lines, 1st line is username, 2nd line is password. Save that file in the same folder as the openvpn.ovpn. Then edit your openvpn.ovpn and find auth-user-pass line and add login.txt after it so it's like this:

auth-user-pass login.txt

If that still doesn't work then copy-paste your openvpn.ovpn file here and I can help have a look.

I have openvpn.ovpn and login.txt in /etc/openvpn and the login loop is scrolling.  Docker container is set to a static IP.  Attached is my ovpn file, can you take a look and see if I missed anything?

openvpn.ovpn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 4:24 PM, KyleK29 said:

On 8/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, TheLinuxGuy said:

New here; so it looks like the original testdasi image is abandoned in terms of support, it looks like?

Seems like the testdasi image doesn't work, I changed the repo to kylek and it worked straight away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 12:24 AM, KyleK29 said:

In the log I get: "[error] grafana crashed!" Is there a way to fix this ?

Edited by Kayn
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 11:38 PM, Kayn said:

In the log I get: "[error] grafana crashed!" Is there a way to fix this ?

I am doing a fresh, new install of latest, and getting this too. I have tried at least 3 different repo's and 3 different revisions- no luck.

The good news is this repo is the one that comes closest to working - only grafana is failing.

The logs in the container are absolutely empty for grafana.

At console I execute "grafana-server" it says "Grafana-server Init Failed: Could not find config defaults, make sure homepath command line parameter is set or working directory is homepath"

Can someone kind soul out there take a look at this? There are too many building blocks required to get this stack working, and I am not familiar enough with any of them to even start troubleshooting through those.

🤕

Thank you.

Edited by slushieken
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 3:44 PM, hathi_ndg said:

Just installed OpenVPN AIO Client, now how can I make sure the traffic from qbittorrent goes through it?

You need to put the following in the "Extra Parameters" section of the app/container you want to route through the VPN app/container "--net=container:OpenVPN-Client" replacing the "OpenVPN-Client" in the example with the exact name you have for that app/container. It's likely very close to the example provided. but likely has AIO in the name. Put that in your qBittorrent app configuration and it'll route all traffic through the VPN app container.

• Like 1
You need to put the following in the "Extra Parameters" section of the app/container you want to route through the VPN app/container "--net=container:OpenVPN-Client" replacing the "OpenVPN-Client" in the example with the exact name you have for that app/container. It's likely very close to the example provided. but likely has AIO in the name. Put that in your qBittorrent app configuration and it'll route all traffic through the VPN app container.
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 5/16/2023 at 12:24 AM, KyleK29 said:

Hello,

thanks for the hint.

I'm using the docker you suggest, and now I'm seeing data.

Only problem I have the SMART is empty - and I don't know what/how I have to configure it.

EDIT: Also, it's possible to monitor Nvidia GPU?

Edited by TDA
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 12:46 AM, slushieken said:

I am doing a fresh, new install of latest, and getting this too. I have tried at least 3 different repo's and 3 different revisions- no luck.

The good news is this repo is the one that comes closest to working - only grafana is failing.

The logs in the container are absolutely empty for grafana.

At console I execute "grafana-server" it says "Grafana-server Init Failed: Could not find config defaults, make sure homepath command line parameter is set or working directory is homepath"

Can someone kind soul out there take a look at this? There are too many building blocks required to get this stack working, and I am not familiar enough with any of them to even start troubleshooting through those.

🤕

Thank you.

in case you were wondering, i got this to work by going into the console, editing the /usr/share/grafana/grafana.ini to port 3006 than using grafana-server --homepath='/usr/share/grafana' --config='/usr/share/grafana/conf/defaults.ini' to launch the grafana server from the console. it worked but the dashboards that are preconfigured werent there and i lost all motivation to re-establish them 

*Edit: if you install the OG container, then change it to the kyle one, you can follow the steps i posted and get the GUS dashboard! this was a lot of work lol

Edited by Shinyakuma
  • Upvote 1

Regarding Pihole

I've noticed the docker tags on the website have stopped updating.

image.png.9c4cc7cd2366a244ed7bba30cbf5da45.png

image.png.1a8952317d536ac81416eae698b30ea8.png

I have read else where that portainer is refusing environment variables when updating dockers.
https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/pihole-on-docker-always-shows-old-docker-tag-value/57608

This was not the case in the past with unraid. 
image.png.eeffa84a6ba748088e22cf47c5d46899.png

Will there be a fix to this ?

Have tried docker purge remove image and download, but latest doesn't pull fix to remove the tag update available... just to update the web UI that the docker version is up-to-date.

https://hub.docker.com/r/testdasi/pihole-with-doh/tags
https://github.com/testdasi/pihole-with-doh

as you pull and use the office pi hole docker tags:
https://github.com/pi-hole/docker-pi-hole/releases

Edited by bmartino1
  • 3 weeks later...

i just installed the OpenVPN-AIO-Client on 6.12.6 and got this in the log:

and the container does not start

kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
[15:53:23.766594] STUBBY: Stubby version: Stubby 0.3.0
[15:53:23.769075] STUBBY: Read config from file /config/stubby/stubby.yml
/nftables.rules:11:38-42: Error: syntax error, unexpected sport
add rule ip filter INPUT tcp4-client sport  counter accept
                                     ^^^^^
/nftables.rules:18:39-43: Error: syntax error, unexpected dport
add rule ip filter OUTPUT tcp4-client dport  counter accept
                                      ^^^^^
Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory
add rule ip filter INPUT tcp sport 853 counter accept
            ^^^^^^
add rule ip filter OUTPUT tcp dport 853 counter accept
            ^^^^^^
add rule ip filter INPUT tcp sport 53 counter accept
            ^^^^^^
add rule ip filter OUTPUT tcp dport 53 counter accept
            ^^^^^^
Error: No such file or directory
list table filter
           ^^^^^^
Error: syntax error, unexpected newline, expecting number
delete rule filter INPUT handle
                               ^
list table filter
           ^^^^^^
delete rule filter OUTPUT handle
                                ^
list table filter
           ^^^^^^
delete rule filter INPUT handle
                               ^
list table filter
           ^^^^^^
delete rule filter OUTPUT handle
                                ^
add rule ip filter INPUT ip saddr 127.2.2.2 tcp sport 53 ct state established counter accept
            ^^^^^^
add rule ip filter OUTPUT ip daddr 127.2.2.2 tcp dport 53 ct state new,established counter accept
            ^^^^^^
add rule ip filter INPUT ip saddr 127.2.2.2 udp sport 53 ct state established counter accept
            ^^^^^^
add rule ip filter OUTPUT ip daddr 127.2.2.2 udp dport 53 ct state new,established counter accept
            ^^^^^^
[info] Creation complete
[info] stubby fixed.
[info] danted fixed.
[info] tinyproxy fixed.
[info] torsocks fixed.
[info] privoxy fixed.
[info] Initialisation complete

[info] Run stubby in background on port 53
[warn] Your ISP public IP is 99.35.193.151

[info] Setting up nftables rules...
[info] Flusing ruleset
[info] Added route 10.172.69.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0 
[info] Apply rules
[info] Quick block test. Expected result is time out. Actual result is 99.35.193.151
[info] All rules created

[info] Setting up OpenVPN tunnel...
[info] Create tunnel device
[info] Allow DnS for openvpn to lookup VPN server
[info] Connecting to VPN on port  with proto tcp4-client...
[info] Your VPN public IP is 99.35.193.151
[info] Block DnS to force traffic through tunnel
[info] Change DNS servers to 127.2.2.2
[info] Adding 127.2.2.2 to /etc/resolv.conf
[info] Allowing DNS lookups (tcp, udp port 53) to server '127.2.2.2'
[info] Tunnel created

[info] Enabling healthcheck...
[info] Healthcheck enabled

[info] Runing apps...

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

Edited by spl147

Are there any plans for your Pihole-DOH-DOT container to support running Gravity Sync?

USE CASE: I have a physical Raspberry Pi running Pi-Hole (with DoH support and PiVPN) but when it goes down, it'd be nice to use your container as a backup on my unRAID server.

Could it really be as simple as fulfilling the requirements for the install script to work?

image.png.166e6fcdbd266686636e744e85b06508.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 6:24 PM, KyleK29 said:

FYI. This is still working.

Original testdasi image wasn't working for me. This kylek29 image worked right away. No tweaks needed.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1