Mold flow solver plugin???

Mad_Scientist

Hey guys.  I have a rather powerful machine running my workstations but it sits idle alot, and at night i need it to assist with simulation solving.   here is the help that will kind of give you an idea what software im working with and whats avaiable with linux (but not unraid) 

Can any one kinda point me in the right direction for where to go, or who to ask on how to get unraid to run the solver?  maybe as a docker container?    this is all way over my head.

http://support.moldex3d.com/r16/en/systemsetup_installationandlicensing_installationinlinux.html

Looks like it could be installed on existing workstations to form a cluster controlled by a master node (another VM that manages job allocation).

Or you could also just have it as a single VM managing the job allocation as well as the compute, but you would need to manage you resources between all VMs.

11 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Looks like it could be installed on existing workstations to form a cluster controlled by a master node (another VM that manages job allocation).

Or you could also just have it as a single VM managing the job allocation as well as the compute, but you would need to manage you resources between all VMs.

so you think maybe just install it directly on the VM itself? and  let Unraid schedule it like any other windows task?  I guess this has the side benefit of reducing its impact when one or more workstation is being used.   I will say there is plenty of kernel overhead available when i watch it run on my machine so i would think multiple instances running on the same metal would actually lead to a higher output of work. (this same situation holds true with the cam software I use in testing.)