Media Content Production

Do you use Unraid Servers as a part of your "Media Content Production" workflow?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Hi, your poll is missing the choice for "no to all the above" if you want an accurate result.  :D

Well it depends to what is the aim of the poll.

Fair enough.  In light of that, I have added TWO options... None of the above (as requested), and "Other".

Does that tune your guitar strings?  🙂

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, falconexe said:

We run a media production company, and have some of the largest serves out there...

If I May ask:

1.) What your most prominently/frequently produced forms of media?

2.) How does Unraid impact your company as a software utility?

3.) Which Solutions and/or tools would aid your production house to improve quality of production, lowering turn-around-time, acquiring additional clients, leveraging your current resources into greater gains/return on investment, other/not mentioned 

4.) Approximately how many of the staff interact with (maintain, store to, edit from, render from) your servers which operate Unraid on a regular basis?

Thank you for any/all time & information which you are willing to share.  I believe that unaid would have a MASSIVE influx with the proper media-production focused tooling added.  And, I am dead-set on finding ways to prove it.

17 minutes ago, sekrit said:

If I May ask:

1.) What your most prominently/frequently produced forms of media?

2.) How does Unraid impact your company as a software utility?

3.) Which Solutions and/or tools would aid your production house to improve quality of production, lowering turn-around-time, acquiring additional clients, leveraging your current resources into greater gains/return on investment, other/not mentioned 

4.) Approximately how many of the staff interact with (maintain, store to, edit from, render from) your servers which operate Unraid on a regular basis?

Thank you for any/all time & information which you are willing to share.  I believe that unaid would have a MASSIVE influx with the proper media-production focused tooling added.  And, I am dead-set on finding ways to prove it.

YES 😆

I'll get back to you soon. Working on a huge project right now actually. LOL.

Edited by falconexe
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, falconexe said:

YES 😆

I'll get back to you soon. Working on a huge project right now actually. LOL.

@sekrit So thought about this some more.... Not a ton I can share in a public forum specifically.

We produce videos/photography/graphics for social media platforms. We mainly specialize in high quality video 4K/1080P @ 60 FPS. Getting rid of SHFS overhead when writing to the shares directly would be a massive improvement over what is currently possible. (See below links). MULTIPLE ARRAYS on a single server would be incredible, and we can't wait for this. Currently we use dual parity with 14TB (max) drives with 28 data drives. We have a full backup server because triple partity is not avaiblle yet. I've talked about these items before in other topics (look at my profile and where I've posted). Our shop is a mixed Windows/OSX environment.

UNRAID is CRITICAL and CENTRAL to our entire company. EVERY SINGLE user works from/with our UNRAID servers. We edit right off of unassigned drives over 10Gig NICs using a variety of tools (Adobe Suite/Final Cut Pro X). Once projects are finalized, they are copied to the cache drive (via standard shares) and the MOVER sends them to the array every 4 hours. We archive ALL RAW FOOTAGE and EXPORTED projects to the array (currently approaching a Half Petabyte [500TB] in total since 2014). Clients access media/resources using secure NextCloud with Reverse Proxy (or sometimes PLEX Streaming), and employees utilize Open VPN when working from home.

Quite literally, our company is UNRAID and we could not be as successful for the same cost without it. That's why I don't mind spending top dollar on supreme hardware. 45 Drives is our go to hardware company. They freakin ROCK! I'm an IT professional as well, so I gel with those guys really well.

I am interested to see where you intend to take this discussion. I've subscribed to the topic for updates. Cheers.

Edited by falconexe
  • Thanks 1