BTRFS Errors

I bought a new HDD and had to reconfigure some things in my case last night to add it and tidy things up, and after rebooting, my two-SSD BTRFS cache started throwing errors (although both were existing and working fine before).

I unplugged and replugged them back in to make sure everything was seated correctly and they were. Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

1274052406_SystemLog.png.f2d7d3e2ec3151bff75d98bce667b5c7.png

emrys-diagnostics-20200828-0725.zip

3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

One of the cache devices (cache1) dropped offline at some point in the past:

Aug 28 06:35:33 Emrys kernel: BTRFS info (device sdf1): bdev /dev/sdf1 errs: wr 16291, rd 8662, flush 349, corrupt 0, gen 0

See here for what to do and how to better monitor the pool.

Thanks for the response. I was already using that script, which is what notified me there were errors.

I may have accidentally unplugged one of the cache SSDs while the system was still on (long story), so I reset the stats per the post you linked to and will wait to see if any further errors occur (unless there's something I manually need to run to fix it after having run into an issue like that).

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You should also run a scrub and make sure all errors were corrected, mentioned on the linked post.

Can you advise what running a scrub is or how to do it? I'm not sure what that means and the linked post doesn't go into details into what running a scrub entails other than correcting issues.