is there an app to access display the VMs

hi i trying to setup a way for my son to access his VMs  i setup for him  but have no access to the network if hes with his friends

i currently  have it setup  he can connect using OPENVPN  throught Pfense.. and i limit it to the VM's IP Address's.. so rest of the network is not compromised

but is there a built in app shows  the say 2 3 vms   or can you access the VMs through Ip address like 192.168.0.254  is WinXP, 192.168.0.253 is Ubuntu..  

or so on..   or can you download the unraid VNC thingy  on his laptop so it can load the vms  what options are out there for that

i did try TeamViewer.. but it wouldnt work right majority of the time  and then the key changing etc.. i just wanted something simple  like Trillian for Chat like ICQ 

or like the VMs Page you see the VMs  and all you gotta click  and it loads it up for him.. something just simple

or would that be a request for features for unraid an app to download to access the VMs from a windows desktop

and if i confused sorry..  i have dislexia  sounds right in my head as a writting it but sometimes doesnt come out right

Edited by comet424

ah teamviewer was just a pain at first wanted it simple lol.

what is vnc/splastop/remote desktop

as i dont want him to have access to unraid to bugger it up

even if i could have saved short cuts on the desktop be good too

but ill retry  wish there was a way to get  unraids vnc to work  when you do the click and choose webgui

Edited by comet424

Teamviewer is the easiest method.  Not sure what your problem with it was but it's literally the easiest remote access app to use in terms of access from anywhere.  Any other remote access app you need to know an address to connect to or some type of GUID identifier that you have to have with you in order to connect.. Teamviewer gives you a list of computers to access.. So easy.

Edited by Energen

ah  just that when you set it up  doesnt wanna connect   and  i wasnt able to get it to work  that if i set it up on my computer my main.. and then if i go install team viewer on a laptop or a cell phone  that it should be saved and preset up  no issues 

so i was nto able to do ..  install on my own  and then get installed on 10 devices, and it should be all there  just log in and there should be 0 configurating

but i was having issues it would load on the desktop but on a remote location  it wasnt that was before i setup openvpn access

but accessing  tower/VMs   is easier  lol  just wish there was an app for that.. but ill re try again later today..

just wanted to be able to set it up on 1 computer.. and then whoever i give the login and password to whoever 10 20 people say as example its all setup for them  no issues

since my son lives with his mother.. i cant configure it... so it has to be done on my side.. and then when he logs on his computer its done.. and he has to do nothing

sum it up since i confuse people 

- i need to set it on my Computer (i guess teamviewer)

- then give person user name and password

- 0 configuration on the persons part on all platforms,   anroid, ISO, Windows, tablets, as its not possible to set it up myself

- so they install the program login and its done

and  can you make teamviewer start and stop  unraids VMs  that be nice too.. so you log into Teamviewer... click STARt Service it tells Unraid to start Windows VM  and then log in.. when you done  you click  Stop Windows VM  and Unraid Force Stops Windows VM

same for Freenas VM, ubuntu, windows xp...  Click start it tells Unraid to start service.. then done  you can shut it down  with Teamviewer 

this way VMs dont need to run all the time

Edited by comet424