[UnRAID 6.8.3] Only detects 2 of 4 ports on quad NIC

Hi all,

I'm basically a n00b when it comes to Linux and servers, but I stumbled across SpaceInvader's videos a while back and decided to take the plunge into UnRAID as it was the solution I was after for my needs.

I'm trying to get a quad NIC working so I can run pfSense in a VM on 2 ports and have the other 2 available for passing through to other VMs.

I bought an Intel PRO/1000PT EXPI9404PTG2L20 and an HP NC364T, but UnRAID only detects 2 of the 4 ports on either card.

Some searching brought me to other topics that suggested running the PCI-e slots as GEN 1, and/or moving the card to another slot - none of which seemed to help.

In another thread a member asked the OP to run these commands:

# lspci |grep -i 'network'
# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

which gave me the following output:

971193158_ScreenShot2020-08-28at19_58_31.thumb.png.2dff83475ee4c67c3786bf8f5c25c2c1.png

At this point I don't know where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh and I can't just use both cards as I don't have the PCI-e slots available :)

Motherboard is an ASUS PRIME X399-A with an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X.

Attached is my diagnostics zip.

morpheus-diagnostics-20200828-1959.zip

Edited by ArcaneEternal
  • 2 months later...

I just installed the same network adapter (HP NC364T) and my unRAID also detects only 2 out of 4 ports. My board is a Asus Z10PA-D8 with two E5-2680v3. With the stated commands I get 4 network ports listed. 2 onboard and 2 from the HP network adapter.

Edit:

Changing the PCI-Express slot doesn't change anything. Still 2 out of 4. :/

Edited by riddler0815