How to pull up Unraid on laptop??

Sorry for SO many questions, I'm brand new to all this.

I've been accessing my unraid server directly, with a TV and keyboard connected directly too it. It's a TV we watch movies on.

How can I log in to the unraid server with my laptop when someone wants to use the tv?

I have tons of setup I'm trying to work through so need to be able to access it both ways....I'd like to easily flip back and forth.

Thanks!

Stephen

7 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Http://Tower/  for the web ui. There's Terminal links from there. Or you could use Putty in windows to telnet orssh into your system depending on what you have enabled.

Or whatever you named your system.

THANK YOU! Working perfect!

Is it possible to login like this remotely when I'm working on the road? What would that take?

Edited by SPOautos

THANK YOU! Working perfect!

Is it possible to login like this remotely when I'm working on the road? What would that take?

Yes, UnRAID has the WireGuard VPN built in. Set up the plugin and clients on your phone, tablet, laptop. etc. and you can login securely from a remote location and manage the server. I do this frequently

I am on mobile right now or I would link you to the WireGuard setup thread. Just search for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hoopster said:

Yes, UnRAID has the WireGuard VPN built in. Set up the plugin and clients on your phone, tablet, laptop. etc. and you can login securely from a remote location and manage the server. I do this frequently

I am on mobile right now or I would link you to the WireGuard setup thread. Just search for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh okay....I dont know much about this stuff but while researching vpn's and Deluge I saw where someone had issues using Deluge and VPN because it conflicted with their Wiregrass setup. Was that a one off issue with that person's setup or do they conflict with eachother?

I was just fixing to install binhex-delugevpn. So wondering if that will work well with me also using wiregrass.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I was just fixing to install binhex-delugevpn. So wondering if that will work well with me also using wiregrass.

I assume you mean WireGuard.  Not sure what Wiregrass is.

I also use Binhex DelugeVPN and there are zero issues with the two functioning together.  DelgueVPN requires you to setup a VPN like Private Internet Access, NordVPN or others with which it logins for VPN protection of your web browsing and activity.

WireGuard, or the OpenVPN server, are mainly for remote access to your server.  Reverse Proxy with LetsEncrypt is another option many prefer.

Here's a couple of WireGuard resources for you:

https://unraid.net/blog/wireguard-on-unraid

13 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I assume you mean WireGuard.  Not sure what Wiregrass is.

It is my brain tripping up lol.  There is a company here called Wiregrass that we occassionally work with, so my tired brain keep word substituting. lol

Glad you could decipher haha.

Checking out the link.....