Added HFS+ drive to the array

Hi guys,

I have built my first Unraid server. I currently have a 12TB disk for parity and a 1TB SSD for cache. I am waiting for a sale on WD drives to buy some more for the array. While putting the server together, I remembered I have a 2TB drive laying around that hasn't been in use for awhile, so I figured I might as well throw it in the server as Disk 1 so I can get it up and running and add more drives later.

So I get Unraid running from the flash drive and as it's doing the first parity build, I remember that there might be a few things on that 2TB drive that I had deleted by mistake on the other copy of the data that was on this drive. The 2TB drive was formatted HFS+ and my original plan was just to reformat it once I stuck it in the server but I thankfully didn't do that yet since I didn't see any possible way to do that. (See attached screenshot for current setup)

So basically I have this unmountable HFS+ drive in the array. I'm wondering if there's any way for me to get data off of it by sharing it through Unraid, or do I have to just stop the array, pull the drive and put it in an external enclosure to get the data I need off of it, and rebuild the Unraid array from scratch? It's not the end of the world if I have to do that, I was just wondering what's the best path for me to take from here. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.57.56 PM.png

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You can use the Unassigned Devices plugin, note that it requires UD+ add-on to support HFS+

Thank you for the reply. So the way to go about this would be to stop the array, remove the 2TB from the list, and then add it as an unassigned device and restart the array? I have the plugins installed.

And one more issue I’m facing is that my cache drive won’t mount. It came formatted as NTFS. When I stop the array, change the file system to XFS, and start the array again, I don’t get prompted to format it. I read that was the process for reformatting.