New unraid setuo

Hi all,

So I've been using an odroid n2 for a while with ubuntu server as a media serving center (plex, sonarr etc etc) and nextcloud all using docker composer. Since my library is growing I've been thinking of moving to unraid due to not trusting using drives in usb enclosures.

I do have a couple of questions, such as, with an nvme ssd used for cache, can that same drive be used for downloads and, say plexdata? (For faster artwork loading etc).

Regarding Mover. Right now, on my current setup everything works perfectly, nzbget and/or qbittorrent download the files and sonarr/radarr move them to the media folder and all is done in realtime and pretty fast. Is it true that in unRaid it's all on a per-schedule basis? If so, why's that and wouldn't that be a big downside to getting content asap?

Secondly, do all drives need to be formatted to start a new array? So I'd need to move my data somewhere to transfer it in afterwards?

Thanks!!

Edited by Sptz

Hey,

- Yes your nvme ssd can be used for temp download directory + plex data. When creating shares you'll just need to assign them to the cache drive only.

- You shouldn't need to worry about mover with a typical sonarr / radarr + download client setup as the media management program handles the moving once the download is complete. Your download directory can be on the cache drive and your media directory will be on array but as they mapped inside sonarr / radarr it is not aware of the difference and will just move as normal.

- Yes you will need to start with freshly formatted drives (depending on your setup I would also configure an encrypted array)

Edited by Trigonal